Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't have fun with your costume on Halloween

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

A scary pregnancy: Expectant moms make the most of Halloween

By Snejana Farberov

PUBLISHED: 01:09 EST, 11 October 2012 | UPDATED: 18:51 EST, 11 October 2012

Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't have fun on Halloween, with costume ideas ranging from the classic pumpkin to Expectant Barbie, and everything in between.

If you happen to have a big, round belly on hand in October, the possibilities for an original, funny or scary getup to celebrate everyone's favorite dress-up holiday are virtually endless.

One mommy-to-be posted a photo of herself on Flickr masqueraded as a Magic 8 Ball, while another teamed up with her husband who dressed as a baker to create a hilarious bun-in-the oven costume.  

Scary
Scary

Creepy: Jarrod Oldham's wife fitted a white tank top sprayed with fake blood with two arms bursting through 'holes' in her belly, right, and the idea seems to have caught on, left.

Literal interpretation: The site Coolest Homemade Costumes features a couple bringing to life the saying 'bun in the he oven'

Literal interpretation: The site Coolest Homemade Costumes features a couple bringing to life the saying 'bun in the he oven'

Pun-tastic: This expectant mother dressed up as as a mummy-to-be for Halloween

Pun-tastic: This expectant mother dressed up as as a mummy-to-be for Halloween

soccer
Basketball

Lets get physical: Women can take full advantage of their curvy physiques by having their rotund belly double as a basketball or soccer ball

Life imitating art: A couple posted a picture of themselves dressed as Juno and Paulie Bleeker from the 2007 hit film

Life imitating art: A couple posted a picture of themselves dressed as Juno and Paulie Bleeker from the 2007 hit film

Expectant moms have been taking full advantage of their curvy figures, transforming their rotund bellies into anything, from basketballs and soccer balls, to a pot of Leprechaun gold to Humpty Dumpty before he took a great fall.

Other popular disguise ideas include Mr Potato Head, with the signature nose, mustache, eyebrows and glasses positioned strategically over the stomach, as well as a watermelon and the more season-appropriate pumpkin.

But some moms took a darker, more macabre approach to their Halloween attire, coming up with some creative and creepy ways to get into the spirit of the holiday.

Shirt
Farmer

Gourd humor: Costumes portraying the wearer's pregnant belly as a pumpkin are always popular, and season appropriate

Nursery rhyme: This couple masqueraded as Humpty Dumpty before and after the fall

Nursery rhyme: This couple masqueraded as Humpty Dumpty before and after the fall

Luck o' the Irish: A mom-to-be turned her rotund belly into a pot of gold for Halloween

Luck o' the Irish: A mom-to-be turned her rotund belly into a pot of gold for Halloween

One expectant mother was even rewarded for her unsettling costume concept straight out of a horror film with Internet fame, according to the Huffington Post.  

Her husband, Jarrod Oldham, entered a photo of his wife from 2011 in a contest on Instructables.com. The image shows two plastic arms bursting out of the woman's bloodied stomach, with one of the hands holding a tiny Halloween candy basket.

As Oldham explained with his submission, ‘Our son was born November 6, so by the time Halloween rolled around, it absolutely felt like he was trying to burst out of her belly like the original Alien critters. I thought, "he probably just wants some candy!" and so this costume was born.'

Fun: One creative idea or the holiday is a Mr Potato Head costume, with the signature attributes of the beloved toy positioned on the belly

Fun: One creative idea or the holiday is a Mr Potato Head costume, with the signature attributes of the beloved toy positioned on the belly

Just kidding: This reveler dressed up as a queen, with her pregnant belly playing the role of a jester, complete with a fool's hat

Just kidding: This reveler dressed up as a queen, with her pregnant belly playing the role of a jester, complete with a fool's hat

Watermelon
Barbie

Outside the box ideas: Two fun dress-up options for the mom-to-be incldue an Expectant Barbie in a box, right, and a watermelon, left

He added, ‘Once my wife put the shirt on, the tension of it stretched over her belly kept the arms pointed outward.'

In a similar spooky vein, a woman posted a picture of the site Etsy showing herself dressed in a skeleton shirt with a smaller skeleton in her stomach.

If ghoulish and gristly are not your thing, you can always dress up as Juno from the eponymous 2007 indie hit.

Take a look at more of the Coolest Homemade Halloween Costumes and visit Coolest Homemade Costumes on Pinterest. 

Anatomically correct: Fans of macabre humor can also pick up a spooky shirt featuring a baby's skeleton on the stomach

Anatomically correct: Fans of macabre humor can also pick up a spooky shirt featuring a baby's skeleton on the stomach

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216018/Halloween-costumes-pregnant-women-Pumpkin-farmer-Magic-8-ball-Mr-Potato-Head.html#ixzz295DV7xC8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hplesha
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I was a pregnant cat with my first one :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by Angie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I was a pregnant BITCH with all 3 of mine....LOL

LyTe684
by Tasha on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM

LOL

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

cute!

circle_of_life
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I am so doing the arms bursting out of the tee shirt one!

swati88
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Wow really a nice and amazing shared pictures.I really enjoyed while watching all the pics.Me too gonna try one of them for sure!!
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Too funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeimUNCmomof3
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM

When I was pregnant with my 2nd child, I was a "bun in the oven" and hubby was a "chef" just like picture above, different style oven though, lol.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)