Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What would you do if your daughters friend...***EDIT***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Absolutely stank of cigarette smoke and when she came over it literally made you ill?

My daughter is 10, this is a little girl. Its her parents.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norwgnwood
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
That would really bother me. I'd say something to her mom or whoever she lives with. Bless her heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I would tell her she had to leave.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM

is she the smoker?

BluePandaDreams
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM
She would not be allowed to come over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I would tell her that smoking is really bad for you and can kill you.

Depending on how well I knew the parents, I'd let them know as well.

It would also depend on how old she was...10 or 18.  Either way, I'd say something to her for sure to let her know that it's not bad and to let her know that I knew and thought it smelled awful. 

TaraLani
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Febreeze her at the door? lol. Seriously, though, if she was the smoker, she wouldn't be allowed to hang out with my kid, depending on how old she is. If it's her parents, I would ask them to try not to smoke around her when she is coming over, because I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. I'm not, but they don't know that. ;)

Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

i would just let the girl know that her cig smell was unwelcome and if she would politely wash up right when she got into your home.

how old is this girl? 

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt assume it was her. My parents were both smokers. I would go to school stinking of smoke. I had a teacher ask if i smoked. I was in 7th grade. What could i do though?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoch86
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM
How old is she?
buttersworth
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM
5 moms liked this

Did you ever stand next to an elderly person -in the grocery store or anywhere- I mean, in their 70s or 80s, and they smelled like they probably wear an adult diaper, or needed a wash?

Have you ever had to go down the detergent isle in the grocery store that wreaks of chemicals?

Did you ever hug somebody, work with somebody, whatever - that wore too much perfume>?

I think you need to be graceful and ignore it. It is not going to make you sick. If the smell is too much, chew some gum or a mint or something while she is near you.

To say anything would be so incredibly rude and hurtful to the girl and her parents.

I respectfully say, suck it up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)