Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Your dream job and no SAHM?

Posted by   + Show Post
Ultrasound tech
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
Punkie74
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Do you have any idea at all in what type of area you'd like to consider?

Quoting Courtney610:

I'm trying to figure this out. My youngest is 3. I've been a SAHM for 5 years. It works for us, but I know that if I get a job, well be Able to save more money towards 3 college educations and retirement.

I'm 28, which is still considered to be young. I just don't want to get stuck in a career path I hate, when I don't even have to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OnTheCrazyTrain
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM
im with a pp, i wanna be in the land of the babies:) i need to finish school first for my RN though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Lol! Thanks Punkie.
When my kids are grown I think it'll be a nice time to explore hobbies and things I don't have time for now.
But yes, Anon, it really is. Why is it that people can aspire to be a teacher but I can't aspire to teach my children?

Quoting Punkie74:

She'll probably take up a career of criticizing people on Cafemom hiding behind the anonymous button.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? You don't have any dreams? What will you do when your children grow up and move out?

Quoting lizmartinez:

My dream job is being a SAHM...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emptynesst
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
A storm chaser! That would be amazing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Can I be on your team??

Quoting emptynesst:

A storm chaser! That would be amazing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bellarose0212
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Photojournalist that travels the world getting stories. Or perhaps a worker for some sort of non-profit that also involved world travel and working with indigenous communities.

Wildlife rescuer/rehabilitator.

I am almost done with my degree and will be an elementary educator. I hope someday to use that to work with children in different countries, especially countries where educational resources are limited. That is hard to plan to do with little kids though. I still hold out hope that someday I will work at or own a small rescue.

Punkie74
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Any time!! We all have dreams right? What makes one persons less than another's?? As long as you aren't too chicken to admit it... it's all good!!

Quoting lizmartinez:

Lol! Thanks Punkie.

When my kids are grown I think it'll be a nice time to explore hobbies and things I don't have time for now.

But yes, Anon, it really is. Why is it that people can aspire to be a teacher but I can't aspire to teach my children?

Quoting Punkie74:

She'll probably take up a career of criticizing people on Cafemom hiding behind the anonymous button.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? You don't have any dreams? What will you do when your children grow up and move out?

Quoting lizmartinez:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Forensic pathologist,

Starting school January of next year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bellarose0212
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Me too. I wouldn't need to be famous though. Just successful enough to see my books in print and know people are reading them.

Quoting Roo1234:

Successful author

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I wasn't attacking her.  I was just asking if she had any plans for after her kids grow up and leave the house.  I have nothing against SAHMs, I am one.  My dream is to become a psychologist.  I love psychology and I'm in the process of getting my degree.

Quoting Punkie74:

Like you subtle attack at SAHM's??

Quoting Anonymous:

That was subtle.

I prefer to remain anonymous for many reasons.

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lizmartinez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN