Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

For those who circumcised their baby...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 262 Replies
1 mom liked this

How many of you actually researched everything about it before making your choice and if you did research what was your reason for doing it after finding out it was not medically needed.

I am writing an article for the local birth network here and so far of moms I have interviewed who circ'd many of them did it still believing old claims that have been proven wrong so Id like to find some that actually did full research on it and ended up choosing to do it still.

Please feel free to share links to studys that helped you make your choice as I would like to include the top used resources in my article.

Those with intact babies please feel free to comment as well on how much you did or did not research.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
We circumcised our son and will if this baby is a boy. It's a religious reason for us. We used a doctor we trust with a method we researched. It IS a cosmetic procedure and if it wasn't important to us and our faith we wouldn't do it. I've done my research and will share with people who haven't decided and have no religious or cultural reason that it is absolutely not necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM
10 moms liked this

I did it for the simple fact it keeps him cleaner and that a DOCTOR told me that those that are circumcised have less risk of stds and yeast infections. I didn't do research just listend to the doctors that I asked about it.

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My mother did it 38 years ago because her mother pitched a fit when she said she wasn't going to because her husband was not. So the doc told her he'd 'take a little but not everything' to make grandma happy. Mom did no research.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I did not want it done. However, my husband and his family were bullies about it and belittled me over my view on it- my husband made the decision. 

jurnee14
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

both my sons, 25 and 10 are circumcised, 25 yrs ago there was really no discussion about it, it was the general consensus that it was the right thing to do,at least with my ob,ped, and people I knew, litereature I was given about it by the doctor and hospital. There was no internet then, so I really just read what my doctor gave me, and some baby books. With the 10 yr old, I just figured i would do what I did with my older one, plus I had a friend whose DH had to be circumcised as an adult,and from what seh described it was awful.

Lispi
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My DH had to be circumcised as an adult. He didnt want our son to experience that. Our son had it done as a baby. I think i cried more than he did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont forget to mention if you did full research or not before choosing. I am having a hard time finding women who knew the facts and still did it anyway.

xoch86
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
15 moms liked this
I call bs on this "article" you're writing.. But I guess that doesn't really matter..

I did plenty of research, based on old AND new claims.. And still found that the benefits outweighed the risks. I am on my 3rd son, and he will absolutely be circed.

Let me just say, that u are no one to be writing an article, because u obviously have a biase opinion here. U clearly don't believe in circing, so ur article will be a waste. For the record, for every "disproven" claim, there is another proven one.. So blah..
xoch86
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Question... What do u believe is considered FULL research?
dommad2
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM
4 moms liked this

I'll get the popcorn...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)