Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

For those who circumcised their baby...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How many of you actually researched everything about it before making your choice and if you did research what was your reason for doing it after finding out it was not medically needed.

I am writing an article for the local birth network here and so far of moms I have interviewed who circ'd many of them did it still believing old claims that have been proven wrong so Id like to find some that actually did full research on it and ended up choosing to do it still.

Please feel free to share links to studys that helped you make your choice as I would like to include the top used resources in my article.

Those with intact babies please feel free to comment as well on how much you did or did not research.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
rennez
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't research it at all. In retrospect I'd not circumcise if I could do it over. Just seems unnecessary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn355
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I do not circumcise, however, I commend this answer! it was eloquently stated and nicely put:)

Quoting lizmartinez:

We circumcised our son and will if this baby is a boy. It's a religious reason for us. We used a doctor we trust with a method we researched. It IS a cosmetic procedure and if it wasn't important to us and our faith we wouldn't do it. I've done my research and will share with people who haven't decided and have no religious or cultural reason that it is absolutely not necessary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

I did it for the simple fact it keeps him cleaner and that a DOCTOR told me that those that are circumcised have less risk of stds and yeast infections. I didn't do research just listend to the doctors that I asked about it.

sweetmomma326
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I did it, no regrets.

lizmartinez
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Thanks! You don't hear that compliment often on CM! :p

Quoting Autumn355:

I do not circumcise, however, I commend this answer! it was eloquently stated and nicely put:)

Quoting lizmartinez:

We circumcised our son and will if this baby is a boy. It's a religious reason for us. We used a doctor we trust with a method we researched. It IS a cosmetic procedure and if it wasn't important to us and our faith we wouldn't do it. I've done my research and will share with people who haven't decided and have no religious or cultural reason that it is absolutely not necessary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

please dont forget to list the reasons why you chose to and if you researched it or not.

Bellarose0212
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Everyone has bias. Bias does not make you unqualified to write an article. Do you think journalists live in a vacuum and have no opinions? Again, every living being has bias. News usually has some level of bias, some sources more than others, but journalists can work hard to suppress their own bias.

Quoting xoch86:

I call bs on this "article" you're writing.. But I guess that doesn't really matter..

I did plenty of research, based on old AND new claims.. And still found that the benefits outweighed the risks. I am on my 3rd son, and he will absolutely be circed.

Let me just say, that u are no one to be writing an article, because u obviously have a biase opinion here. U clearly don't believe in circing, so ur article will be a waste. For the record, for every "disproven" claim, there is another proven one.. So blah..

ZanderandBella
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I did full research on it and still got it done. There is plenty of information out there for either side of the debate.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:34 PM

We circ'd our sons. There was no way that we would not. We are Jewish and it is our belief that this is what one does to bring a boy into the Jewish community. In fact, men are commanded to do so.

I knew that there were people who didn't circumcise their boys, but never thought much of it until my cousin's girlfriend, now wife, tried to make me feel like the biggest jerk in the world for having this done to my child. She was just awful and I was a hormonal first time mom, it was not pretty. Funny thing, 3 years later, she had her son circ'd, despite all of the research that she threw at me.

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this
We circumcised our sons. I left it up to DH, since he has man parts. He absolutely wanted circumcision for them, without a doubt. I did not do research... Nor do I regret our decision. It's what he wanted and I support his decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN