Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe
I am agnostic, but, I respect everyone's religious freedom and everyone's freedom from religion. My husband and his family think we should have prayer in school and I think they are so wrong. It's not particularly because it's school. It's because they want CHRISTIAN prayer in school and I'm thinking what about all the other faiths represented by the many other children there? How fair is that? How offensive would that be to only let the Christian prayers be said every day! It doesn't belong there. It belongs in a church where everyone there shares the same faith or in your home or in a group gathering of like minded people. Religion needs to be seperate from school, unless of course it's a private religious school. Why are Christians always trying to force their beliefs on everyone? You never hear about Jews or Muslims fighting for prayer in school. I wish they would just stop already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Replies (51-53):
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Kids have ample time to pray before school and after school. They can pray to themselves any time they are not required to be paying attention in class. There is no need for organized prayer in school, Christian or other.  If a child has a religion that requires prayer at a certain time of day, that can and should be accommodated. 

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Not threatend, just generally annoyed, like by a mosquito. It has a naturally understoond and accepted  place in the universe but when it  decides to keep buzzing around ,uninvited and interrupting, eventually even those of us who believe in "live and let live" just feel the need to swat the snot out of it.  

Quoting Anonymous:

People are so threatened by Christians, I don't get it?!

everybdiesmoma
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree. If you let prayer in then it should allow for ALL faiths NOT just one. Because it does offend others of different religion not everyone believes in the same religion so no one should be forced to practice only one relishin religion.

I think if they let religion in school they should be free to practice whatever religion they are otherwise keep it out of the schools.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)