Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Fluffy ladies :)

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 29 Replies
Soo, do you wear dresses or skirts? Dh really wants me to wear dresses and skirts but I feel I am too big to look nice in them. I am a jean and t shirt or sweater chick. He says dresses are more flattering on me.
I am hour glass shaped and short with very thick legs. The legs are why I shy away from dresses. I'm short too ( 5'3).

I was thinking about ordering a sweater dress and wearing it with cable knot tights and some ankle boots. Do you think bigger ladies loos nice on dresses? If so, what kind?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punkie74
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM
OK I'm no help here but for some strange reason I am now singing your title to "all the single ladies" LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Lol!! I'm bored and tipsy and posting lots of random stuff tonight. Dh and I were supposed to get 'personal' tonight but he fell asleep while I was having a bath so now I'm killing time until I get tired :)

Quoting Punkie74:

OK I'm no help here but for some strange reason I am now singing your title to "all the single ladies" LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Have another one and go wake his ass up!! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I tried!! He was mr mumbles and not I the mood. Bummer.

Wow! I just read over my post and I'm drunk! Typo central, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Maxi dresses look best on me, I consider myself thick:/ but thick fluffy semantics right? Sweater dresses tend to be clingy
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I know. I'm just trying to figure out fit. According to fashion crud I've been reading, my ideal dress shape should be fitted, v neck because of my large knockers ;), and at or above the knee because I'm short.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maxi dresses look best on me, I consider myself thick:/ but thick fluffy semantics right? Sweater dresses tend to be clingy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Have you tried A shaped skirts?  They tend to flatter thicker legs.

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Not in several years. I'm 30 and have worn my wedding dress 11 years ago and a skirt twice since then.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Have you tried A shaped skirts?  They tend to flatter thicker legs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I think you can wear a dress or skirt. I would avoid a sweater dress, though. Those are very form-fitting, typically, which can be unflattering. I'd go with an a-line dress that flares out a bit. Don't be self conscious about your legs! You can pull it off!

(Are you the one that dressed up for some event and your DH's friend complimented you and you questioned it, thinking your DH told him to say something?)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Are you sure he's not gay?? What man turns down sex??? LMAO I mean really I have to make sure I don't accidentally roll over an bump hubby or he's wide awake and wanting to know why I'm not ready to go!! Go poke him with a sharp stick!!! LOL

Quoting norahsmommy:

I tried!! He was mr mumbles and not I the mood. Bummer.

Wow! I just read over my post and I'm drunk! Typo central, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)