Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soo, do you wear dresses or skirts? Dh really wants me to wear dresses and skirts but I feel I am too big to look nice in them. I am a jean and t shirt or sweater chick. He says dresses are more flattering on me.
I am hour glass shaped and short with very thick legs. The legs are why I shy away from dresses. I'm short too ( 5'3).

I was thinking about ordering a sweater dress and wearing it with cable knot tights and some ankle boots. Do you think bigger ladies loos nice on dresses? If so, what kind?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Rofl!! Nah, he is out. Plus he has really vivid dreams and night terrors. I would never want to wake him, he might freak out, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

Are you sure he's not gay?? What man turns down sex??? LMAO I mean really I have to make sure I don't accidentally roll over an bump hubby or he's wide awake and wanting to know why I'm not ready to go!! Go poke him with a sharp stick!!! LOL

Quoting norahsmommy:

I tried!! He was mr mumbles and not I the mood. Bummer.

Wow! I just read over my post and I'm drunk! Typo central, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

Have another one and go wake his ass up!! LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
*sigh* Time to call on *BOB* LOL... No matter... have another drink!! :-)

Quoting norahsmommy:

Rofl!! Nah, he is out. Plus he has really vivid dreams and night terrors. I would never want to wake him, he might freak out, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

Are you sure he's not gay?? What man turns down sex??? LMAO I mean really I have to make sure I don't accidentally roll over an bump hubby or he's wide awake and wanting to know why I'm not ready to go!! Go poke him with a sharp stick!!! LOL

Quoting norahsmommy:

I tried!! He was mr mumbles and not I the mood. Bummer.

Wow! I just read over my post and I'm drunk! Typo central, lol.

Quoting Punkie74:

Have another one and go wake his ass up!! LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Yes! I can't beleive you remember that! Dh is still bugging me about wearing more 'feminine' cloths. I'd love to, but I am self concious. I'm trying to get over it though.
I figure, I'm 30 and I shouldn't waste time being silly and self concious anymore.

Quoting Threes.Company:

I think you can wear a dress or skirt. I would avoid a sweater dress, though. Those are very form-fitting, typically, which can be unflattering. I'd go with an a-line dress that flares out a bit. Don't be self conscious about your legs! You can pull it off!

(Are you the one that dressed up for some event and your DH's friend complimented you and you questioned it, thinking your DH told him to say something?)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I have no idea why I remember that! LOL!!

You are beautiful!! Be confident! You can pull off feminine looks, including skirts and dresses! :)

Quoting norahsmommy:

Yes! I can't beleive you remember that! Dh is still bugging me about wearing more 'feminine' cloths. I'd love to, but I am self concious. I'm trying to get over it though.

I figure, I'm 30 and I shouldn't waste time being silly and self concious anymore.

Quoting Threes.Company:

I think you can wear a dress or skirt. I would avoid a sweater dress, though. Those are very form-fitting, typically, which can be unflattering. I'd go with an a-line dress that flares out a bit. Don't be self conscious about your legs! You can pull it off!

(Are you the one that dressed up for some event and your DH's friend complimented you and you questioned it, thinking your DH told him to say something?)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I now believe a photo in in order.....

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Threes.Company:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katamike
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Im sure you will look fine in dresses or skirts. i have found that i look better in a skirt and shirt than anything. Go with what makes you comfortable!

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Here is a drunk, duck face pic of me from last week :). I don't really take pics of my body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robbinsroost
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I like skirts better than dresses. My girls want me to get a dress, but I am breast feeding my 8 month old. I really don't want to basically undress at church to nurse DS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM

And here is another, slightly nicer one from the same night :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:15 AM
You call that a duck face?? Donald would totally be disappointed!!! LOL But really stand on the tube and take a pic in the bathroom mirror so we can tell you what kind of clothes would look cute on you so the next time your hubby learns to tolerate his alcohol you won't be on Cafemom!!

Quoting norahsmommy:

Here is a drunk, duck face pic of me from last week :). I don't really take pics of my body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)