Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone's dh work or know about snow tires?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
Thinking about getting dd snow tires for her Mazda 3 Speed. Anyone know approx costs so I know what to expect and pay???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM

No clue. Write down the tire info and make some calls

Barabell
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Do you mean studded snow tires? If so, we have no experience with them since they aren't legal in MN. Sorry.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Snow tires you can use for 5 months a year in Wisconsin.

Quoting Barabell:

Do you mean studded snow tires? If so, we have no experience with them since they aren't legal in MN. Sorry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I looked online, and I guess there are snow tires with deeper tread and then studded snow tires. We can't use the studded ones here.

We just use all season tires with deep tread. Speaking of which, I need to get new tires before this winter too.

Quoting atlmom2:

Snow tires you can use for 5 months a year in Wisconsin.

Quoting Barabell:

Punkie74
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Nope but he can hack your computer! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I would recommend calling a tire place like goodyear.  I would recommend Les Schwab but you have none over that way.  We just have always had tires that had deeper tread and my tires were always siped!  Studded tires make a lot of noise when there is no snow on the ground.  Ours are allowed here from Nov to April or May I think.  I do however think it is great to invest in a snow set and a regular set that way they can be changed over after the season is over.  That is just my take!  I also know that front wheel drives are better in the snow than rear wheel drives!  This year will be a new experience for me since we now actually have a 4x4 truck and it is an automatic.  :)  I usually drive dh's car since it is front wheel drive and a standard.  I feel you have more control in a standard than an automatic.  

peggy_sue82
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Its about $65 per tire add $15 for studs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)