Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

have you ever had a parenting FAIL?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

i have been a parent for a total of 3 years so far and while I definitely aim for an "A" every day, i know we all have our moments because we are human and it happens unfortunately.

To be specific, my little girl whose 5 months fell off the bed yesterday after a nap. shes been quite the wiggleworm lately and i feel tremendous amounts of guilt about it. but our bed is literally floor-box spring-mattress theres no frame so i knew she wasn't seriously injured. i know its a fairly common occurance as far as parenting fails go, but its just one of mine. i shuddered when i told my husband it happened. I know my mother isnt going to recant the stories of my falling out of the bed. so i am asking for any stories you would prefer to pretend that they never hapnd.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Oh ya I have had ton of them. My oldest is 6 they happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I have a few.  When my oldest was 13mo's I was playing w/him and flipped him up to sit on my shoulder.  He slipt off I couldn't catch him, he fell head first and fractured his skull so imagine living w/that guilt.  He is now 15 and perfectly fine but it was HORRIFIC!!

AleaKat
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Yep! Decided it was a good idea to walk down wooden stairs in socks in the middle of the night with my 5 month old in arms. Slipped fell down the stairs he hit the back of his head on a step but I took the brunt. My entire side was covered in bruises and I cried more than the baby did . He has a knot on his head but no real damage.
Iv got tons of others I'm sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Omg! I'm so glad he was okay!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Oh I have a few.  When my oldest was 13mo's I was playing w/him and flipped him up to sit on my shoulder.  He slipt off I couldn't catch him, he fell head first and fractured his skull so imagine living w/that guilt.  He is now 15 and perfectly fine but it was HORRIFIC!!

catchup29
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Yep!  My DD was 10, I let her and her sister out of the car to go into McDonalds while I parked the car.  I looked out of the rear view and saw my youngest walking behind the car, towards the door of McDonalds.  I eased off the brake, applied the gas and looked forward just in time to hear and feel a thump and see my oldest daughter go down!  I hit her.  She was ok.  She kept saying, "you hit me, you hit me'.  Everyone ran over saying how I hit my own kids. I told her, "who the heck walks in front of a car! "  LOL We were both cracking up before she even got off the ground.  

Elyssa414
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM
One time I took my son home from the hospital with a hep-lock (closed IV) still in his hand! I guess it was kind of a nurse fail too, but you'd think I would notice before tucking him into bed that there was still a needle in his hand! Gah!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Yup when dd was about 9 months old, i left her on the couch to get something from the kitchen which is literally a second away from the couch. And in that few seconds away from her she rolled off and smacked the back of her head on the tile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM
My son went through this phase of walking off. And my first scare was when he was maybe twenty months, I got him dressed to leave and then remembered I had to check on the laundry first. So I went and my husband was napping and my son took the opportunity to walk out of the house unattended. By the time I realized it, he was nowhere to be found. I am so thankful to god that he left the door open behind him otherwise I would've had no clue. We usually go for walks so I looked down the side of the street and there he was. I called for him and he ran. I had been calling for him so he was probably running for a bit. But I had never been so scared in all my life.
Until the second time he ran off.
An ungated park. I was pregnant and watching him. Looked over and looked back at the spot he was playing he was wasn't there.
Yeah for a total of maybe two minutes, I was the crazy irresponsible parent screaming out their kids name in a public park, speed-walking because HE HAS TO BE HERE SOMEWHERE.
A man walked in my direction with my son showing him the way. My son said "this is my momma!" And the man looked at me SO incredibly judgemental it almost clouded how glad I was to see my kid again. That day I bought a leash. And a week later I returned it. Never had nething like that happen again THANK GOD!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My son went through this phase of walking off. And my first scare was when he was maybe twenty months, I got him dressed to leave and then remembered I had to check on the laundry first. So I went and my husband was napping and my son took the opportunity to walk out of the house unattended. By the time I realized it, he was nowhere to be found. I am so thankful to god that he left the door open behind him otherwise I would've had no clue. We usually go for walks so I looked down the side of the street and there he was. I called for him and he ran. I had been calling for him so he was probably running for a bit. But I had never been so scared in all my life.
Until the second time he ran off.
An ungated park. I was pregnant and watching him. Looked over and looked back at the spot he was playing he was wasn't there.
Yeah for a total of maybe two minutes, I was the crazy irresponsible parent screaming out their kids name in a public park, speed-walking because HE HAS TO BE HERE SOMEWHERE.
A man walked in my direction with my son showing him the way. My son said "this is my momma!" And the man looked at me SO incredibly judgemental it almost clouded how glad I was to see my kid again. That day I bought a leash. And a week later I returned it. Never had nething like that happen again THANK GOD!

this happened to me,and it was horrible cause we was on vacation at the beach in another state,I turned my head for a second and bam ds was gone,scared me to death,he had went to the snack bar and the found him and was keeping him and giving him snacks lol it probly lasted about 4 min I went to the snack bar to call the beach patrol when they told me they had him,I was so scared it still scares me when I think about it,I now keep a very close eye on him,cause he is bad about wondering off

KRIZZ25
the world is so messed up these days .babies getting killed.kids changing themselves ,kids getting shot at school, teenager dancing so nasty,homeless without food but ppl get bashed for having food stamps.and it goes on and on..its so sad my kids and great nephew have to grow up in this world.
Today at 12:31 AM
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
it happeds..its life.. i have 3 kids..11 year old ,twins 7 ..and i cant tell u the numbers of times i have fucked up..but thar ok and so i am i ..good thing kids cant rember baby years .lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)