Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're going to call yourself a Christian then ACT LIKE IT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
On Facebook today someone posted one of those ecards that said, Lets stop sending money to the middle east and let them hate us for free".

While I do think our government needs to desperately change their spending habits, some of the things a lot of these self proclaimed Christians were saying made me sick. Sometimes I feel like I am more Christian then actual Christians are , although I'll never be one. Makes me dislike religion even more than I already did. Some people are seriously messed up. Besides how ignorant is to assume that an entire country hates us?! As if every man, woman, and child in any country hates Americans. The might think we are ignorant, and I wouldn't blame them. It's just sickening how open minded and accepting I am and yet these "Christians" are hating in the name of god. SHAKING MY HEAD!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM
6 moms liked this

A Christian is simply a Christ follower.  They're to strive to be LIKE Christ, not actually be him.  We're human, not God, we fail just like everyone else.  Sometimes the world gets the best of us and we get mad.  It doesn't make us any less Christian.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I can understand that but these people were saying things like "just bomb them all and let god sort it out"
What the hell is that??

Quoting jillbailey26:

A Christian is simply a Christ follower.  They're to strive to be LIKE Christ, not actually be him.  We're human, not God, we fail just like everyone else.  Sometimes the world gets the best of us and we get mad.  It doesn't make us any less Christian.

jillbailey26
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not nice, but maybe there's a reason they're saying that.  Maybe they lost someone.  Maybe they know someone over there.  Maybe they're just simply fed up.  It's allowed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand that but these people were saying things like "just bomb them all and let god sort it out"
What the hell is that??

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Being judgmental and talking shit about them makes you a better person how??
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM
3 moms liked this
*SIGH* The Cafe used to be such a nice group. Calm, fairly drama free, mostly everyone got along....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

All human beings, Christian, Muslim, Agnostic, Aethiest, are flawed and imperfect.  They are going to say an do things that aren't right.  If someone not of Christian faith said the same, would you react as strongly? Yes, Christians should do better, but some don't.  Being a Christians does not necessarily change a person's personality. Some do change for the better. Some, change for the worst actually because they don't seem to get their faith doesn't exempt them.  Just because they are Christian doesn't mean they will be open minded, if they were not Christian they may very well be the same.  It is about who they are instead of what they believe. 

I hope that what I believe changes who I am for the better. That is what I strive to do, anyway. It isn't the fault of the religion they ascribe to but who they are as an individual. There are not nice, judgemental people from every walk of life. I don't judge people who don't believe by just a few who don't believe.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I have seen and heard people who aren't Christian say the same thing and they had awful personalities to go with it. Should they be different, of course but people are people and you are going to get some bad with the good.  Sadly being "Christian" doesn't exempt some people from having bad personalities that are just messed up.

Quoting Anonymous:

What the hell is that??

Quoting jillbailey26:

katzmeow726
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Aren't you judging in return?  How do you know what inspired their feelings over this?  Christian does not meant perfect, nor does it mean that we are immune from letting emotions get the best of us (I admit to that being an issue of mine).   

Don't get me wrong, I feel as strongly about using the Bible to justify hate as you do, but I don't see what the "hate us for free" comment has to do with hate in the name of God.  That sentiment hardly makes them "un Christian." 

buttersworth
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Dear OP, you said : " Besides how ignorant is to assume that an entire country hates us?!"

I would also say to you, how can you assume that all Christians hate ?

That would be akin to claiming that all Muslim-Americans were extremists out to do everyone else harm, when I'm sure that isn't true.

Your opinion appears to be based upon prejudgment of all Christians, according only to an outspoken minority.

As a Christian I find this kind of prejudice frustrating because opinions similar to your's seem pervasive throughout our society.

okada
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:55 AM

I don't judge people who don't believe by just a few who don't believe.

--Friv--

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)