Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

man with ptsd

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Alright i was dating a guy for 3 months, who has VA diagnosed ptsd. Combat injured vet. Everything was great. It seemed too good to be true. He did withdraw a little when emotions were shown, but always bounced back quick.
Last time i saw him we were intimate.not just sex, but intimacy (sex and intimacy are not the same) which i know men with ptsd have issues with. Well i haven't heard a word from him in 3 weeks. I've tried contact about 4 or 5 times and nothing.
His birthday is this weekend. Should i tell him happy birthday. One friend said he played me, fuck him. The other blames the ptsd.
If it is ptsd, he needs space. Would that ruin it? Or does he need to know i still care. Would it make me look stupid if he did play me?
I really don't think he played me. It was too real, and men aren't that good at lying.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Men are very good at lying. Don't fool yourself. Send him a card rather than contact him. If he responds well to it, he'll call you. If not, drop it.

SissyMacK
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Whatever it is, you deserve better.  Just drop it now so you can start moving on and find the one who will treat you right. 

sherry132
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

PTSD is not an excuse. My husband has moderately severe PTSD (by the VA) and he would never ever not talk to me. I believe you got played and to continue to believe it's anything else, is your mistake, not his PTSD. 

kim8934
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM

you'll have to update us if he ever contacts you again.  I just think 3 weeks is kinda long.  Also, any guy who plays you isn't going to take 3 months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM
That's what i thought. 3 months is a long time for games.

Quoting kim8934:

you'll have to update us if he ever contacts you again.  I just think 3 weeks is kinda long.  Also, any guy who plays you isn't going to take 3 months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

My hubby suffers from military induced PTSD and every since getting together 6 years ago he has always gotten to a certain point where he would start pushing away from me...and it was usually at the point where we both are starting to get really close and I can tell he's getting really attached (were married so obviously were attatched but) after this happening a few times I asked him why he did this he said he didn't realize he was but figured it was because of the army and getting close to guys and then something bad happening ...he was afraid that we would get close and I would leave...that maybe this other guys deal..he maybe feeling that you guys are getting extremely close and he's trying to push you away so you don't leave him....you could maybe send him a card like already mentioned or ask him out or ask him out on a date if he doesn't respond I would leave him alone... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yeah I've moved on already. This was in October

Quoting Anonymous:

My hubby suffers from military induced PTSD and every since getting together 6 years ago he has always gotten to a certain point where he would start pushing away from me...and it was usually at the point where we both are starting to get really close and I can tell he's getting really attached (were married so obviously were attatched but) after this happening a few times I asked him why he did this he said he didn't realize he was but figured it was because of the army and getting close to guys and then something bad happening ...he was afraid that we would get close and I would leave...that maybe this other guys deal..he maybe feeling that you guys are getting extremely close and he's trying to push you away so you don't leave him....you could maybe send him a card like already mentioned or ask him out or ask him out on a date if he doesn't respond I would leave him alone... 

newmommy7608
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Ok sorry to give my two cents!

newmommy7608
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Btw says you posted in NovemberNovember

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Yes, for something that happened 3 weeks prior.

Still a really old post.

Quoting newmommy7608:

Btw says you posted in NovemberNovember

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)