Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Real life friends?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 183 Replies

How many real life friends do you have? When was the last time you hung out with someone other than your spouse or family?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM
2 close ones and a handful more that I don't see or talk to as often. I see the 2 a few times a month, usually.
1stpreggers
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Um like 5 I had dinner with one last night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM
10 moms liked this
I don't have any really. All my friends screwed me over so I cut them our of my life.
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM
10. Oldest best friend I met in 8th grade and I an 51. My Mom had long term friends too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramblinmama
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I went to dinner with friends last weekend. I have tons of aquaintances but only consider about 3 friends to be my close friends. It's hard to nuture friendships with parenthood, work life and married life.

CountryLayne
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Best friends I have three. One of them is local, one in Missouri and one in Germany. I spent Wednesday with the local one. Now, if we are talking about other friends, I have bunches. I spend as much time as I can with them, but with my schedule it isn't always as often as I would like.

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Not very many. I have a few I meet up with every once in a while.

cajunniki90
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I have one real friend, and we "hung out" yesterday.  My washing machine went on the fritz and she let me use hers to wash our clothes!!

drowning in laundry

hopefulmom789
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I live in the middle of  a senior citizen retirement community. The town closes down at 8pm. It has been a very lonely 6 years here. I hang out with my boy, age 7. I call old friends from home around the holidays...It didn't dawn on me that I had no friends, past mere acquaintance level, until I make out job applications and I'm asked to give 3 references of non-family people. :P

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I've got lots of friends. :-) None of my family lives anywhere close. I hang out with my girlfriends quite a bit, much to the chagrin of my husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)