Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Real life friends?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How many real life friends do you have? When was the last time you hung out with someone other than your spouse or family?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (61-70):
Sammi20
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:53 AM

My real life is non existant... :/ We moved here about 8 months ago and hardly know anyone... I have made about 5 friends? But its hard as a SAHM to meet people... Why do you think I am on here all day? lol Other than that its me and my daughter all day every day... My hubby works a lot, but we hang out when he is here. My daughter and I go to the park a lot too, but thats just awkward for me because a lot of moms don't want a random conversation while playing with their kids at the park >.< Why?? Aren't they as lonely as me? lol Guess not.

MassielOlivero
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:56 AM
I have not even a handful. One...two...three... and one lives out of state, one I see weekly and I just saw the other this weekend but hadnt seen her in over a month lol but I am very family orientated. My mom n sister are my best friends and my sister and I have our children very close in she like only two weeks apart") and four months apart lol I NEED FRIENDS LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elizabeth.mary
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I don't really have close friends anymore. My oldest best friend and I drifted apart when I got married. I had kids, my marriage and she has a much different lifestyle. We still talk here and there when we can. I have a few friends from work, but we're not REAL close. I'm hoping when I start school I'll gain a friend or two. It's a career college so there will most likely be more people that I cann relate to.

Lovingmyks
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I have a male and a female bestfriend.. I keep my circle real small..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Pennsylvania

Quoting Anonymous:

Understandable.

Where state are you in if I can ask?

Quoting Anonymous:

SAHM and df is a truck driver so he's gone all week. They don't have any mom groups in my area.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

None. The only people I hang out with is my df and kids 😔

Do you work or are you a sahm? Do more socializing.

Gricel-Camp
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I have 2good friends and cant remember the last time we hung-out:( oh but we talk on the phone all the time..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Im a SAHM also but live in NY

Quoting Anonymous:

Pennsylvania

Quoting Anonymous:

Understandable.

Quoting Anonymous:

SAHM and df is a truck driver so he's gone all week. They don't have any mom groups in my area.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Pennsylvania

Quoting Anonymous:

Understandable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Oh. Being a SAHM makes it hard to meet people. I can't really relate to the women that live around here because their lives consist of going to the bar every night. I enjoy being a SAHM it's just hard at times, kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Pennsylvania

Quoting Anonymous:

Understandable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I have three friends that I am with the majority of the time.  We meet for breakfast, do things with the kids, and have dinner or coffee fairly often, at least once per week, although not all three friends together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)