Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Loose tooth!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

DD came home yesterday with her second loose tooth. Her first one fell out back in September, and it was easy to do. we wiggled it for about five minutes, slight pull, it was out. Now this one, which is right next to the one that fell out before, is being a pain in the ass. I've wiggled it on and off since yesterday evening, and it's still not coming out. It's very, VERY loose, it's just not budging out of her gum.

Any ideas of what i can do to get it out? She says it hurts and screams whenever I come near her (she was fine with the first one). 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
robyann
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I'd just leave it and let it fall out on it's own. Try giving her an apple to eat, or even a sandwich that she'll have to bite. It'll come out on it 's own in a few days anyway.

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Floss it out or have her eat a hard food like an apple.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Leave it alone.

Marimaru
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Leave it alone.  If it's not coming out, it's not ready yet, and you are hurting your daughter in the meantime.

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM

My DD's teeth get like that.  She has lost 8 teeth so far.  She would not let DH or I even some near them.  The new teeth even broke though.  When I talked to the dentist, they said it would not cause a problem and that the teeth would fall out when ready.  They even took out 2 at her dentist appointment. because they were so loose and the dentist could numb the area enough that she could pull them out without DD having a crying and screaming fit.

surfgrl60
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Just get dental floss. Tie it around and pull it. Thats what we did.

hootowl21
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I'd say just wait for it to come out on its own. My daughter lost her first tooth yesterday at school. So exciting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lizzys_mommy13
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Leave it alone for right now. It will come out soon. That last bit of root could be wrapped around a nerve or she could just have bruised gums if she is in a lot of pain with it. The tooth under it should help push it out. Kids generally can't leave loose teeth alone, so she will most likely have it out in the next couple of days. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN