Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

is this reasonable

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I agreed to babysit 3 children ages 3,2,1
Monday and Tuesday wensday Friday and Saturday various times for $100 a week. The reason I didn't charge more is because not CPR certified and alot of people require that . Plus I don't work so I could use just that extra 100 a week . Does this sound ok or is it to much to little
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
Blessedlife79
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Um yea too little!! I babysat a little boy from 6 weeks-16 months or so. I charged $165 a week and went to them. When his baby sister came I got $220 a week. When I watched kids out of my house it was $25 a day per kid. For the price your getting you are going to burn out...quickly.   :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM

How many hours are you working on those days?  All day each day or just 2 hours a day?

If you're working 8hrs per day, yuou should be getting at least $80-100 per day. 

terpmama
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I paid 40 a day to a friend who watched my one kido (she had an in home daycare).. So if I worked all week it would have been 200 for one kid.

Barabell
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM

$100 a week total or per kid? If that's total, that's way too cheap. It's not hard to get CPR certified. Contact your local Red Cross. You can even find places online that certify for CPR and first aid for like $20.

opal10161973
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I never paid less than $15/kid/9 hour day.  I pay $10/hr now for a nanny to come into my home for my two kids, for about 3-4 hours a week.  She gets between $30-40 for a few hours.  So, it really depends on your area and the amount of time they need you. Even without CPR certification, you should be making more than that, if you are watching them full time, unless they are family and you are doing them a favor. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Fo you realize that you could be charging $100 per kid, per week? You are majorly short-changing yourself.

giftedone78
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Dang, that's cheap! You are cheating yourself....... and 3 toddlers? Get CPR certification, and charge them at least $300 per child especially if you are going to provide the food. The daycares even charge more than that!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I agree! CPR or not! Then she has to drive there! Gas out of her tank!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

That's not a lot of money for a lot of work.....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kkkaaayyyy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM

That's way to little to ask for. You should ask for a little more and then go get your CPR certification. But most of the time people would pay 12$ an hour for babysitting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Too little?!

I watch 4 kids ages 6 and 4, one night a week and they pay me $50.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN