Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should I feed their kids??

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
My daughters birthday party is this Saturday at 1pm. Of course we'll have cake and ice cream and other sweet treats. I was wondering if I should set out other food too since its around lunch time? If so what should I make?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daph2387
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Since its around lunch I would. Just do finger foods. Little sandwiches or meatballs, pigs n a blanket. Depends on the age group. But I would def do something. It can be inexpensive and real yummy.
leighp1
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

guess it would depend on what the age is, but typically when it is that late, I would say no.  Since you will already be having the cake and ice cream and some other treats, that should be enough.  Hopefully they will be so busy and happy they won't want more food.

Now if you decided to do something, maybe some pinwheel sandwiches (so easy to make), chips or even pizza.  Little Ceasar's pizza here has premade pizza's for $5 each and CiCi's pizza had (not sure if they still do) 3 one topping pizzas for $10.  Hope that helps.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  It's lunch time, so you should provide some kind of food other than cake and sweets. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
At 1 I would expect to have eaten before. Just a few light finger foods is fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaskedMomma
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

lunch is usually at noon, so depending on whats going on and what time that person wakes up you can expect lunch to be ate between 11-1 heck thats even when schools do lunches. so being invited to a party during the lunch hours most people will expect lunch to be served. same as dinner is 5 so a party starting between 4-6 dinner should be served.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol lunch at my house is 12:30-2 depending whn my dd wnts to eat after she wakes up and dinner is def not at 5. Its more like 7:00-7:30 depending on whn df gets home from work. So not everyone has tht schedule and it varies from family to family. Just thought ths was ignorant.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

lunch is usually at noon, so depending on whats going on and what time that person wakes up you can expect lunch to be ate between 11-1 heck thats even when schools do lunches. so being invited to a party during the lunch hours most people will expect lunch to be served. same as dinner is 5 so a party starting between 4-6 dinner should be served.

Mrs.tezzy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just do something simple. I always make food for my sons bday party this yr we did pizza
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

When my children are invited to a 1pm party, pizza is always served.  Pizza is served at almost all parites regardless of the time (unless it's a morning party - then bagels are served).

I would definitely expect that lunch would be served at a 1pm party.  It wouldn't even cross my mind that it might not be - and I would think it was odd if lunch wasn't served.

If you're trying to cut cost, you could get those mini hot dogs/pigs in a blanket at costco and heat them up.  That would be fine, too and kids love them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I think most people eat lunch at 1pm.  That's when almost all offices have their lunch time.  I don't think anyone eats lunch at 11am - unless they wake up really early and eat breakfast really early.  11am is still in the breakfast time frame for me.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I would. I made little sandwaches for DDs birthday maybe even a cheese tray

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)