Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should I feed their kids??

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughters birthday party is this Saturday at 1pm. Of course we'll have cake and ice cream and other sweet treats. I was wondering if I should set out other food too since its around lunch time? If so what should I make?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (31-37):
Redwall
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I think by 1, kids should already had lunch....no, I'd not feed lunch...it's a party, not a luncheon.

Fyrestar68
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Yes, I would expect lunch at that time. Maybe you can make it part of the festivities. I had a party for my DS and we made cheese pizzas for lunch with these ingredients. Pack of Mission tortillas (brings from 10-16 depending on the package), mozzarella cheese, some Prego sauce (flavored is better than traditional or marinara, you can even substitute pizza sauce), and aluminum foil to place them on for the oven. It was inexpensive because you only need about 2 tbsps of the sauce for each pizza. They're done after 15 mins in the oven at 375 degrees. I normally wait for the "crust" to brown a little or you can just wait for the cheese to melt. You could also make little burritos with them, just spread 1 tbsp of sauce down the middle and sprinkle with cheese then wrap like a burrito. Time doesn't change. Let either food cool off for about 5 minutes before serving.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Actually you are incorrect. It is standard practice to have lunch between 11-1. My kids schools all have lunch starting at 11am. We serve lunch starting at 11:30am here at daycare. Also etiquette states typically between 11-1 those are lunch hours and between 4-6 are dinner hours. Most people will expect some kind of lunch to be served.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think most people eat lunch at 1pm.  That's when almost all offices have their lunch time.  I don't think anyone eats lunch at 11am - unless they wake up really early and eat breakfast really early.  11am is still in the breakfast time frame for me.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

lunch is usually at noon, so depending on whats going on and what time that person wakes up you can expect lunch to be ate between 11-1 heck thats even when schools do lunches. so being invited to a party during the lunch hours most people will expect lunch to be served. same as dinner is 5 so a party starting between 4-6 dinner should be served.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I'm talking about offices, not daycares. lol

I've never heard of anyone eating dinner at 4pm unless it's a holiday.

I'd be shocked if I went to a 1pm party and lunch wasn't served.  I'd serve food at a party regardless of the party time.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Actually you are incorrect. It is standard practice to have lunch between 11-1. My kids schools all have lunch starting at 11am. We serve lunch starting at 11:30am here at daycare. Also etiquette states typically between 11-1 those are lunch hours and between 4-6 are dinner hours. Most people will expect some kind of lunch to be served.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think most people eat lunch at 1pm.  That's when almost all offices have their lunch time.  I don't think anyone eats lunch at 11am - unless they wake up really early and eat breakfast really early.  11am is still in the breakfast time frame for me.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

lunch is usually at noon, so depending on whats going on and what time that person wakes up you can expect lunch to be ate between 11-1 heck thats even when schools do lunches. so being invited to a party during the lunch hours most people will expect lunch to be served. same as dinner is 5 so a party starting between 4-6 dinner should be served.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Okay even public schools start lunches beginning at 11am.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm talking about offices, not daycares. lol

I've never heard of anyone eating dinner at 4pm unless it's a holiday.

I'd be shocked if I went to a 1pm party and lunch wasn't served.  I'd serve food at a party regardless of the party time.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MaskedMomma:

Apatosaurus
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Kids are hungery 24/7 so maybe finger foods would be good. Ask your child what they like. they usually know what they like and there friends. It won't be wasted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
I would just get a few $5.00 pizzas from Little Cezars and get some chips.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)