Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should I feed their kids??

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughters birthday party is this Saturday at 1pm. Of course we'll have cake and ice cream and other sweet treats. I was wondering if I should set out other food too since its around lunch time? If so what should I make?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Autumn22
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I would because its so close to lunch time. U could do a veggie tray with sliced cucumbers, all colors of bell peppers, carrots etc with a dish of. Veggie dip and hummus, ham salad sandwiches, cheese cubes and crackers, chips. :)
RLT2
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

That's lunch time for most people, so I would definitely do pizza or hot dogs or something.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Pizza would be fine!!
RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM
i usually do parties from 1-4. i have a veggie tray,fruit tray, meat and cheese and crackers and the cake and some drinks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Sorry but you should provide food at a party ALWAYS.

I always except food at a party.

I always have a ton of food at my parties.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

to answer the post, yea, you need to serve something other than just sweets.  maybe not a full on meal, finger foods would be fine.

all offices have lunch at 1? my employees stagger then lunch hours starting between 11 and 11:30.  what an odd statement to make.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think most people eat lunch at 1pm.  That's when almost all offices have their lunch time.  I don't think anyone eats lunch at 11am - unless they wake up really early and eat breakfast really early.  11am is still in the breakfast time frame for me.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

lunch is usually at noon, so depending on whats going on and what time that person wakes up you can expect lunch to be ate between 11-1 heck thats even when schools do lunches. so being invited to a party during the lunch hours most people will expect lunch to be served. same as dinner is 5 so a party starting between 4-6 dinner should be served.

WithHope
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM
It's always appreciated when parents offset sugar with other foods. What's the party theme?
GodsAmiga
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM

My kids' parties are usually at 1 or 2 and I don't have actual lunch items out. I'll have a cake and/or cupcakes and then I usually have some chips, some fruit, some water and juice, cracker and cheese, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

That's my experience. Most offices that ive worked with and called on in NYC like people to take lunch at the same time (1pm) so everyone's avail for meetings when needed. I would think it was odd if my staff were taking off for lunch everyday at 11am when there's work to do.
hootowl21
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM
I did have a fruit tray and pizza. But the pizza was a last min decision because I got hungry lol. I figured that since I didn't mention serving food on the invite that I wasn't obligated. Plus kids have lunch before 1 five days a week at school. And I usually do lunch on weekends around 11:30-12. So if my child was invited to a 1pm party I'd have fed her first and not expected food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN