Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should I feed their kids??

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughters birthday party is this Saturday at 1pm. Of course we'll have cake and ice cream and other sweet treats. I was wondering if I should set out other food too since its around lunch time? If so what should I make?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Autumn22
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I would because its so close to lunch time. U could do a veggie tray with sliced cucumbers, all colors of bell peppers, carrots etc with a dish of. Veggie dip and hummus, ham salad sandwiches, cheese cubes and crackers, chips. :)
RLT2
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

That's lunch time for most people, so I would definitely do pizza or hot dogs or something.

Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
31 minutes ago
by Trica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Pizza would be fine!!
RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM
i usually do parties from 1-4. i have a veggie tray,fruit tray, meat and cheese and crackers and the cake and some drinks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Sorry but you should provide food at a party ALWAYS.

I always except food at a party.

I always have a ton of food at my parties.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

to answer the post, yea, you need to serve something other than just sweets.  maybe not a full on meal, finger foods would be fine.

all offices have lunch at 1? my employees stagger then lunch hours starting between 11 and 11:30.  what an odd statement to make.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think most people eat lunch at 1pm.  That's when almost all offices have their lunch time.  I don't think anyone eats lunch at 11am - unless they wake up really early and eat breakfast really early.  11am is still in the breakfast time frame for me.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

lunch is usually at noon, so depending on whats going on and what time that person wakes up you can expect lunch to be ate between 11-1 heck thats even when schools do lunches. so being invited to a party during the lunch hours most people will expect lunch to be served. same as dinner is 5 so a party starting between 4-6 dinner should be served.

WithHope
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM
It's always appreciated when parents offset sugar with other foods. What's the party theme?
GodsAmiga
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM

My kids' parties are usually at 1 or 2 and I don't have actual lunch items out. I'll have a cake and/or cupcakes and then I usually have some chips, some fruit, some water and juice, cracker and cheese, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

That's my experience. Most offices that ive worked with and called on in NYC like people to take lunch at the same time (1pm) so everyone's avail for meetings when needed. I would think it was odd if my staff were taking off for lunch everyday at 11am when there's work to do.
hootowl21
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM
I did have a fruit tray and pizza. But the pizza was a last min decision because I got hungry lol. I figured that since I didn't mention serving food on the invite that I wasn't obligated. Plus kids have lunch before 1 five days a week at school. And I usually do lunch on weekends around 11:30-12. So if my child was invited to a 1pm party I'd have fed her first and not expected food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)