Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would your husband be mad??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

My husband is mad that I rented "Magic Mike." Would yours be mad? I am having a lot of problems with our relationship lately.. mainly that he does not "let" me do what I want. ... I want to drink sometimes when the kids are asleep (they go to bed at 7pm) .. I just want to have a drink. But he throws a fit (he doesn't drink, we have no alcohol at all in the house and never have). He doesn't like any of my "friends" .. although now I can not even really call them friends because I haven't hung out with them in years. But he does tell me to make new friends.. but he doesn't like any of them?

That turned into a bit of a rant about my husband, sorry.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this

No, DH couldn't care less what I watch, eat, or drink.  (So long as I'm not ingesting poison...lol)

Perhaps your DH is a bit controlling?  Maybe try some talk therapy to sort out your feelings?  I think in this case I'd advise going alone, so you can do some self-exploration and find your confidence/strength again before trying to face issues with him.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Geez,no. You need to evaluate your relationship. My dd's saw it. They are 18 and 21.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pita369
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Nah... Hubby actually tried to get me to get group of girls together when it was in theaters... I've been out maybe 3 or 4 times without dd in 7 months
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:03 AM
He would make fun of me for it a bit but hell no he wouldn't be mad.

Insecure much...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Lol no. I went to the movies to go see it and buying it this weekend.
raczac
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:31 AM
No my dh rented it for me and watched it with me also.

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is mad that I rented "Magic Mike." Would yours be mad? I am having a lot of problems with our relationship lately.. mainly that he does not "let" me do what I want. ... I want to drink sometimes when the kids are asleep (they go to bed at 7pm) .. I just want to have a drink. But he throws a fit (he doesn't drink, we have no alcohol at all in the house and never have). He doesn't like any of my "friends" .. although now I can not even really call them friends because I haven't hung out with them in years. But he does tell me to make new friends.. but he doesn't like any of them?

That turned into a bit of a rant about my husband, sorry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:51 AM
2 moms liked this
First of all he does't control what I do and second he knows I.wouldn't rent that cheesy ass movie so it wouldn't be an issue in our home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DutchBaby12
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM

He sounds just a tad controlling to me..My fiance wouldn't be like that lol

hopefulmom789
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:02 AM

What is "Magic Mike?" I read some comments, so I'm guessing it's a movie, and not a private bedroom device? My first thought at your description of his likes, and yours is agreeable to the other responses. HD is controlling. He sounds like one that has no close man friends, or hobbies he loves to do on his own without the DW by his side. Counseling can bring awareness to his actions and resolve these conflicts. Good Luck!

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM
It has some strip scenes. It was on at theaters in the summer. Mostly teens went to see it and early 20s.

Quoting hopefulmom789:

What is "Magic Mike?" I read some comments, so I'm guessing it's a movie, and not a private bedroom device? My first thought at your description of his likes, and yours is agreeable to the other responses. HD is controlling. He sounds like one that has no close man friends, or hobbies he loves to do on his own without the DW by his side. Counseling can bring awareness to his actions and resolve these conflicts. Good Luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)