Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

totally freaked out...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:05 AM
  • 11 Replies
I live in the country, its been completely silent while I've been sitting awake then suddenly it sounds like something is being strangled outside my bedroom window.....stupid coyotes.

Any other stories of things that go bump in the night?! Amuse me I can't sleep anyway! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Scary!
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM

At least you know what it is. Hope you got some sleep.

SunnyJoJo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM

ugh, worst sound ever is screaming rabbits. Good lord the first time I heard it I thought a person was being murdered in our back yard, I had no idea they could make that sound. Our cats used to corner them where the garage meets the house, bunny fluff everywhere.  It's surprising what you learn to live with when you live out in the boonies.

Destiny907
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean about the wildlife, me too- I live in the deep woods of MN and we have everything here.. the coyotes and wolves too... cougars!  So far, the moose tend to be a bit further north than us, so I can walk without worrying about them!!!!

I found out that my "farm and yard" dog is worth it's weight in dog food, for sure. The BEST Dog food!  LOL

I always have to have a BIG farm outside dog!  Seems to work like it is meant to- to keep things away from the yard at least.  There was a time in between dogs- a time of no dog- and suddenly- deer eating my Hostas! Bear raiding the bird feeder!  Feral cats in the garage! 

Yes, a good dog is a very good think indeed.  Right now, I am in the market for a good German Shepherd. Right now I have a Rottie and she needs a heated dog house. I would love to stop having to mess with the light and the electric cords all winter.

Elyssa414
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I live in the city, with a hospital down the street, so it's the sirens that keep me up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RTHmommy08
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Footsteps in the woods. When I was a kid we literally lived in the woods. One night we were sleeping when all of a sudden something woke me up. I have heard animals walking in the woods and then I have a heard a man, this night it was nothing I had ever heard of before.

LivinDeadGurl
Not feeling well today. Just want to curl up and sleep.
Yesterday at 5:29 PM
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I always get freaked out when I hear something up in the woods. I live in a large city, but there is a heavily wooded area right next to my house. My bedroom window looks out over the woods and I hear some weird stuff out there sometimes.

MommaRoseT
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My turtle is always scaring the hell out of me. He knocks his floating log loose and then bangs it into the side of the tank. It always freaks me out because it sounds like a thumping coming from a room no one is in. I'm finally hip to it now though, lol.
Sarafinn2012
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My guinea pig, when I get up with DS in the night for a bottle, the pig sucks his water bottle and always scares the crap out of me when it first happens. Other than that noise, it is completely silent and pretty much dark but the light above the sink on. I am slightly afraid of the dark anyhow. First time it happened it tipped me over the edge and I ran the bedroom with my son. DH thought it was hillarious!

sweetcat
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Before I moved I lived next to a farm, and sometimes they would put the cows and the bull in the pasture that was literally right beside my tiny backyard. Nothing scared me more than being woke up at 3 in the morning than a bunch of cows mooing!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)