Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Intellectual Conversation- Great Depression?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone feel that with all of the companies claiming bankruptcy, so many losing their jobs, and the rising cost of everything that is a necessity- do you feel we are heading for another Great Depression? If so, how are you prepared to deal with everyday living?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PortiaRose
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I'm a little freaked out, too. The financial landscape of america isn't changing. I think it will never be the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CountryLayne
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM

It is a bit scary. Honestly, I am not too sure what to think. I hear the reports on the news, but in the real world I see things different than described. People are losing jobs, no new jobs are opening to replace those. I don't see as many people losing their homes now though, so something good happened on that front at some point. I just don't know... I wish I could read into the future, and learn what will happen next.

Quoting PortiaRose:

I'm a little freaked out, too. The financial landscape of america isn't changing. I think it will never be the same.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Quoting CountryLayne:

do you feel we are heading for another Great Depression?

No.

You're not in that part of the cycle:

You're in the early to middle recovery phase, where things are still tough, but the trends are upwards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN