Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What is your rule with laptops???

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

My household consists of my hubby, my daughter and her husband (in transition), and soon my 20 yo son who will be home for a couple of months while his broken leg mends. Every one of them has a laptop. I have one too, but when I'm done with mine I put it in a drawer (I work from home, so I do have an office with a desk top). We have a smallish downstairs living area and don't have a lot of options for table space, but I am getting REALLY sick of having 3-4 laptops taking up my dining room table 24/7. No one can eat altogether anymore. I hate to allienate people to their rooms, I really like having everyone together. Is there a solution or do I just have to suck it up? Thanks!

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SunnyJoJo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Why don't you ask them to put their laptop away when they are finished with it. Like in their room at night. Seems pretty rude to leave them laying about.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I would hide them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young_lv_mom
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Let them know you miss your table and when they are done with them they need to put them up, if they don't then start putting them infront of the rooms or on shelves if you have them. If that does not work let them know the table is no longer a place for the laptops. I know it is a little thing, but it's the little things that really add up over time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Destiny907
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM

hahahahaha I wouldn't care what everyone does, becuase I am in love with my laptop and I understand other's love and let's all surf together! LOL  But, hey, during meals- everyone close and stack them up somewhere til dishes are done!

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Very simple fix. You tell them that they need to be put away and everyone sits down to dinner at the same time. If they don't like it they can find someplace else to live.

Marimaru
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM

"Dinner is ready in 30 minutes, laptops need to be put away."

horsesteelers
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Ask them to put them somewhere when dinnertime comes so you can all eat at the table.

Luvmybooskies
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I agree.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Why don't you ask them to put their laptop away when they are finished with it. Like in their room at night. Seems pretty rude to leave them laying about.

Stephaniec253
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Problem solved!!!! When you see the laptops sitting around and everyone else off doing there thing, I say take there laptops and hide them and when everyone starts to wonder what happened you can let them know that the dinning room table is just for dinning not as a desk. Its okay to use it to do a few things when its not time to eat but when done put it away! That the nice thing about a laptop they pretty much fit anywhere. I would try it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)