Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Judge sentences teen convicted of manslaughter to church

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

Judge sentences teen convicted of manslaughter to church

Tyler Allred must attend church every Sunday for next 10 years

UPDATED 2:32 PM CST Nov 16, 2012

Judge sentences teen to go to church

Advertising
OKLAHOMA CITY -

An Oklahoma teen convicted of manslaughter won't get jail time instead a judge sentenced him to go to church.

Tyler Allred was 17-years-old when prosecutors say he drove while intoxicated and killed his passenger, a 16-year-old friend.

A judge presiding over Allred's case sentenced him to attend church every Sunday for the next 10 years. In addition to church attendance Allred must graduate from high school and take drug and alcohol test for the next year.

The teen's attorney does not plan to challenge the sentence.

Read more: http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/around-oklahoma/Judge-sentences-teen-convicted-of-manslaughter-to-church/-/12530084/17447690/-/ro03kr/-/index.html#ixzz2CU6CHDjy

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
How stupid. Kid should be in jail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
circle_of_life
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:03 AM

That's bullshit. You can't force religion on someone. He doesn't have to become a christian on order to get his life back on track!

Annabel1809Lee
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, the judge didn't specify what church did he? The kid could go Unitarian Universalist if he's non religious. There's also Science Christianity. I don't think the kid should be in jail. I had a friend who died in a car crash while his friend was driving drunk. If you would have seen the boy who lived through the crash, you wouldn't want them to do jail time. The remorse ate at my friend until he killed himself. He left a note saying he couldn't live with knowing he had killed his best friend, and that he was sorry to his friends parents.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Seriously??Thats insane.He took a life!

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM
He should be in jail
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM

A convicted felon can face consequences that are not what they would choose.

Going to church doesn't make you a christian.

Quoting circle_of_life:

That's bullshit. You can't force religion on someone. He doesn't have to become a christian on order to get his life back on track!

nodramamama311
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I'm so sick of people trying to force their god on everyone. It's such a cop-out to dealing with the REAL issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM
I'd just be thankful I wasn't in jail.
elzingah36
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I have to agree with you. If it was their sons I'm sure most of these "tough send them to jail" mamas wouldn't be so loud. I have seen that happen once except my poor friend,who was the drunk driver killed his own brother. It happened in 95' and the judge actually told him that there was no prison that would punish him as much as he'll punish himself during the rest of his life. Very sad,the judge has been right so far...there's no hell greater than what he has gone thru already.

Quoting Annabel1809Lee:

Well, the judge didn't specify what church did he? The kid could go Unitarian Universalist if he's non religious. There's also Science Christianity. I don't think the kid should be in jail. I had a friend who died in a car crash while his friend was driving drunk. If you would have seen the boy who lived through the crash, you wouldn't want them to do jail time. The remorse ate at my friend until he killed himself. He left a note saying he couldn't live with knowing he had killed his best friend, and that he was sorry to his friends parents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
circle_of_life
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Well of course going to church doesn't make someone a christian, but that's kinda the idea isn't it? Why the hell else would you go? No one should be forced to attend any religious services against their will. There are plenty of other "punishments" that would be more suitable without the forcing a certain religion on someone.

Quoting JTROX:

A convicted felon can face consequences that are not what they would choose.

Going to church doesn't make you a christian.

Quoting circle_of_life:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN