Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

TWINKIE APOCOLYPSE

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I just heard on the news yesterday that Hostess is closing. Dh is upset because he LOVES the Hostess cupcakes. I made the mistake of buying Little Debbie cream filled cupcakes instead one time and he complained endlessly about it. eye rollingHe's weirdly persnickety about stuff like that. He also ALWAYS keeps a supply of the Hostess Donettes. I have been trying to get my hands on some Hostess Twinkies to sell on Ebay because they're going for obscene prices right now but there are none to be found and the local Wal Mart says they won't be getting any more. :( Wish I'd known about this last week. I could have made a fortune.

Dh did manage to find ONE more box of Hostess Cupcakes and a bag of donettes. I tried to convince him to let me sell it on Ebay. They're going for around 50.00 per box right now and the price will probably go up, but he won't let me.

Really, I'm kinda glad they're closing. It's all junk food anyway, but dh is not so happy. IMO, the less junk food in the world, the better.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I agree those things are gross! Pure junk anyway! Hostess should've moved into healthier snack market!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM
For some reason I'm sad about loosing hostess stuff. I don't even eat it! I guess it's just something from my childhood soon to be gone forever. I do feel awful about all those people loosing there jobs :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I saw someone selling them on ebay for $500. Yeah, you saw that right. LOL! I had to laugh out loud about that one! ;o)

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I heard $60 a box in ebay. Probably more now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILive4This
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM

If this wasn't all over the news/internet, we would never have noticed.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Check craigslist.They are selling  them for $50 a box!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:24 PM

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Eh, I can get Pinguinos, which are better anyway.

Jambo4
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN