Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

FREELOADERS........CAN'T STAND THEM!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My brother in law and his gf are bonafied freeloaders. Every week they will drive way across town unannounced and come over acting like they were just in the neighborhood! Really they just want to borrow money. Now yesterday I just went and made groceries and filled my whole pantry because I have suugery scheduled in a week and I need to keep Ford in my home. Anyway they ask me to make a CD for them, no prob. Then my husband gives them my water and some of my groceries, WTF? So as they were leaving, his (BIL) girlfriend then ask me next time they come by can I make more CDs for her. Do I look like a fucking DJ? I told her I don't have anymore cds, so that means she will have to buy some. We try to help him find a job and my husband had the nerve to ask me to help him to apply for FS. I shot that down quick......FELONS CANT GET FS SO HE OUTTA LUCK! I can't stand this shit!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Sorry about your brother in law be such a  Free Loader !! But unless your Husband realizes that he isnt helping his brother by just giving him what he needs . He will KEEP USING his brother and you . and mostly like you want to keep the peace by not saying anything been there myself. but in my case it was a sister-in-law lol now i dont half to worry she does not speak to me after i told her she was a worthless piece of _ _ _ _!  And she no longer ask my husband for anything. Good Luck  !

GertieK
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

The more you help, the more they will take AND expect.  The word is NO.  As long as they continue to skate by with people providing for them, they will never try to fix the problem.  People have to suffer to change their situation.  As long as we keep pulling people's feet from the fire, it will never change.  Your BIL, and a ton of others in this country.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

See that's the thing. My husband knows how to say NO,but whats keeping him from turning his back is the fact is that he  is his only sibling. He found his mom dead on our daughter's birthday in 09' and all his mom did was help his brother out and make sure he stays out of trouble. The sad thing was his ass got in trouble and my husband was the one to go to the jail house to deliver the bad news. This man is 36 years old and feels like its his brother's job to care for him! He gets a job and doesn't go back as soon as he gets a paycheck so that he could go and try buy drugs to sell! My husband even wanted to go and use his credit card to buy his brother some new clothes....glad he listened to me that time. He could get underwear and socks from the salvation army or some thrift store. They have charities that help felons who WANTS TO GET A JOB! This is an argument my husband and I have all the time! He even said if he passes on to give his brother $10,000 of the insurance money! I said HELL NO! I will have a decent funeral for you and the rest will be a trust fund for your daughters! He'd be lucky if I give him a $100 and a card that says have a good life!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so hoping we go over the Fiscal Cliff and they all lose half. 

alc4evermom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Felons can't get foodstamps?  Is that a federal or state thing?  Yes, I also do not like free loaders, and I would be PISSED if someone came over and took my food like that!!!  There are certain occasions where I can help someone out, but I struggle for what I have.   As a server, I also don't like free loaders---it hurts my sales and I don't like seeing well fed people act greedy.  I'm not talking about when someone gets a justified free meal---I'm talking about dishonest people. 

Just tell them no---you have the power!!!

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM

you need to talk to your husband about handing out your stuff. You should have just as much beef with him as with your moochers. Also, you need to start saying 'no' more often. Next time they 'show up' show them back out the door because you have plans nad it didn't involve them.

We have become a country of freeloaders, those who think they are entitled to others hard work. The rally cry is "IT'S MY RIGHT!"  which will be the death of this country.

Aislinn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Quoting alc4evermom:

Felons can't get foodstamps?  Is that a federal or state thing?  Yes, I also do not like free loaders, and I would be PISSED if someone came over and took my food like that!!!  There are certain occasions where I can help someone out, but I struggle for what I have.   As a server, I also don't like free loaders---it hurts my sales and I don't like seeing well fed people act greedy.  I'm not talking about when someone gets a justified free meal---I'm talking about dishonest people. 

In my state, we give current inmates food stamps, so it is definitely NOT a federal thing...lol 

Baybeelove88
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:46 AM
When I met dh his family asked him for money all the time... It is aggravating, but after we got married and had a kid he stopped giving it up and they stopped asking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alc4evermom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting alc4evermom:

In my state, we give current inmates food stamps, so it is definitely NOT a federal thing...lol 

Wow I just looked up my state and current inmates are elegable for foodstamps too.  What do they need foodstamps in prison for?  I'm so mad now!!!!!  

I applied for foodstamps six months ago and was granted sixteen dollars a month---so naturally I'm not reapplying!!!  They ask too many questions and it's too much trouble for that amount.  I am clean, sober, eat well, don't have a criminal record, and while I'm on a typically low income, apparently I work too much lol----that's ok though, because when I was REALLY too poor for groceries a few months back, I volunteered at the homeless shelter and ate there.  And I'm not complaining---I believe that hard work always pays off in the end!!!

notjstasocermom
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM

well stop helping them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)