Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

FREELOADERS........CAN'T STAND THEM!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My brother in law and his gf are bonafied freeloaders. Every week they will drive way across town unannounced and come over acting like they were just in the neighborhood! Really they just want to borrow money. Now yesterday I just went and made groceries and filled my whole pantry because I have suugery scheduled in a week and I need to keep Ford in my home. Anyway they ask me to make a CD for them, no prob. Then my husband gives them my water and some of my groceries, WTF? So as they were leaving, his (BIL) girlfriend then ask me next time they come by can I make more CDs for her. Do I look like a fucking DJ? I told her I don't have anymore cds, so that means she will have to buy some. We try to help him find a job and my husband had the nerve to ask me to help him to apply for FS. I shot that down quick......FELONS CANT GET FS SO HE OUTTA LUCK! I can't stand this shit!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Replies (11-19):
Aislinn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Quoting alc4evermom:

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting alc4evermom:

Felons can't get foodstamps?  Is that a federal or state thing?  Yes, I also do not like free loaders, and I would be PISSED if someone came over and took my food like that!!!  There are certain occasions where I can help someone out, but I struggle for what I have.   As a server, I also don't like free loaders---it hurts my sales and I don't like seeing well fed people act greedy.  I'm not talking about when someone gets a justified free meal---I'm talking about dishonest people. 

Just tell them no---you have the power!!!

In my state, we give current inmates food stamps, so it is definitely NOT a federal thing...lol 

Wow I just looked up my state and current inmates are elegable for foodstamps too.  What do they need foodstamps in prison for?  I'm so mad now!!!!!  

I applied for foodstamps six months ago and was granted sixteen dollars a month---so naturally I'm not reapplying!!!  They ask too many questions and it's too much trouble for that amount.  I am clean, sober, eat well, don't have a criminal record, and while I'm on a typically low income, apparently I work too much lol----that's ok though, because when I was REALLY too poor for groceries a few months back, I volunteered at the homeless shelter and ate there.  And I'm not complaining---I believe that hard work always pays off in the end!!!

And the abusers are the ones ruining it for everyone. Foodstamps in jail? WTF? I would be horrified to live in this country, the richest in the world, and not help those who have fallen on hard times. However, the freeloaders are destroying the system and I fear their will be nothing for anyone, sometime soon. Good luck and I wish you nothing but the best!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
In my state it depends on the type of conviction. If you have a drug related conviction, that's a big fat NO! I hate it when someone gets out of jail and their first stop is to the FS office. Its sad!

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting alc4evermom:

Felons can't get foodstamps?  Is that a federal or state thing?  Yes, I also do not like free loaders, and I would be PISSED if someone came over and took my food like that!!!  There are certain occasions where I can help someone out, but I struggle for what I have.   As a server, I also don't like free loaders---it hurts my sales and I don't like seeing well fed people act greedy.  I'm not talking about when someone gets a justified free meal---I'm talking about dishonest people. 

In my state, we give current inmates food stamps, so it is definitely NOT a federal thing...lol 

Aislinn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

In my state it depends on the type of conviction. If you have a drug related conviction, that's a big fat NO! I hate it when someone gets out of jail and their first stop is to the FS office. Its sad!

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting alc4evermom:

I would prefer that non violent drug offenders received help over those with assault convictions, rape convictions, fraud convictions.. IMO, non violent drug offenders are the least of our concern. And, as i said, you do not even need to get out of jail to get food stamps in my state. Messed up stuff...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting alc4evermom:

I would prefer that non violent drug offenders received help over those with assault convictions, rape convictions, fraud convictions.. IMO, non violent drug offenders are the least of our concern. And, as i said, you do not even need to get out of jail to get food stamps in my state. Messed up stuff...

I see where you coming from with that but the same rule applies when applying for fedral aid to go to school. There are some exceptions. But in my BIL case, he would sell them just to get a few bucks to buy drugs. As for violent offenders and child molesters I agree, they shouln't recieve anything. Its bad enough that my taxes paid for their food and medical and God knows what else while they were locked up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM

We all deal with freeloaders every day and it does suck.  I'm talking about all the people getting food stamps, welfare of any kind.  There are some people that deserve to get a little help now and then, but the number of people that don't deserve help and get it anyway is far higher.  I am getting so tired of seeing people having kid after kid that they can't afford and nothing done to stop the abuse of the welfare system.  People say you can't take the help away from the kids but I'm at the point that I really am starting to think that in order to help the kids, we need to do something more than we are doing.  All these idiots that are having kids after they are already on welfare should be charged with child neglect/abuse and have their kids taken from them.  They obviously don't know the first thing about parenting when they are having kids they cannot afford to raise.  To all the moms who think they can't work until their kids are in school (and sometimes not even then) I say BS!  There are a lot of working moms out there who aren't given the choice - they have to work to be able to support your lazy ass.  Freeloaders....yep, I'm tired of em. 

jdsmell7
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I hear ya girl !  Also have a BIL that is in his late 40s still living off my MIL at home after many lost jobs, DWIs, failed marriage, lost of custody..etc..etc. However, my MIL is an "enabler" for him as well as others If we want Freeloaders to STOP freeloading we need to ELIMINATE the enabling so they have to learn  to provide for themself ! Stick to your guns girl-- can't help people who won't help themselves !!

GertieK
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM

One thing that needs to addressed about the atitude can be traced directly back to the educational system as it is today.  Kids are not being taught anything other than "it's all good", and if this  or that happens, here is where you go to get the help financially, food , or whatever.  We have now a generation in place and those yet to come who have been taught that this is their "right".  That it is the government's responsibility to heal their every hurt, to prevent every pain, and to carry them through life.  There are no mistakes - babies without marriage?  No problem.  And now, they are of the age they should be productive members of society, but NEVER SAW ANYONE IN THEIR FAMILY WORK A DAY IN THEIR LIFE.  I am so disgusted with the fact that we, as a nation, CHOSE to not only put our stamp of approval on this lifestyle, but to feed it and grow it.  Your husband is contributing to the problem, and growing it, and feeding it, and encouraging it.  That guy needs to be left to fend for himself - regardless of what happens.  it is not your husband's responsibility to take care of a 36 year old man.... no matter who he is.  I just left the home of a woman who lost both of her legs and her right arm from burns inflicted on her by her uncle.  She has 3 boys ages 8 and under.  They have both always been hardworking people.  Her disability income knocked out her eligilibility for food stamps AND medicaid.  He has to be at home because she still needs someone there with her.  SO, to say they are struggling is an understatement.  I work for a food bank, and have been making sure that they at least have food to eat.  Her attitude is amazing.  She is not bitter, or angry.  She is determined.  She isn't hiding because she has no legs and no right arm.  After the local news highlighted her one evening, she has had a rehab center take her on pro-bono.  She is willing to work as hard as she has to learn how to use her prosthetic legs, and is hoping for an arm too.  Her spirit is amazing, and her attitude is inspiring.  That 36 year old man ought to be ashamed of himself.  She was abandoned by her mom as an infant, so she had a rough childhood and growing up years.  Yet, she doesn't look for excuses to not succeed.  She has decided she will, and I know she will.  You husband needs to shove his foot up that guys backside, and tell him NO, or this will never be any different.

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell you DH in no uncertain terms that you will no longer tolerate having the freeloaders in your home. You will not give them money or groceries. Tell him he is an enabler and that it is high time they took care of themselves. My SIL and BIL are the same way, always looking for a handout. I went along with it for a bit, but I finally told my husband that I will not support people who refuse to support themselves. That ended it. 

robyann
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Your dh needs to realize that he is not helping his brother, he is only making it harder for him. He needs to be cut off and let to hit rock bottom and figure out how to fend for himself. This will continue for the rest of your bil's life if your dh allows it to. His mother did him a big disservice, and has made him unable and unwilling to take care of himself.  You need to tell your dh that you feel it is very unfair of him to give to his brother things that should be for your family. If he was trying, like working, or really looking for a job, willing to do odd jobs, etc...then I see helping him....but when he just wants to be a bum, I say bum somewhere else, go find the homeless shelter!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)