Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

deer chili???

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
Anyone have a good recipe?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
junebutterfly
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Bump
Jambo4
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I don't.. but I'm guessing you could just use any chili recipe and substitute the beef for venison.

Sarafinn2012
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM

google.

Original recipe makes 6 to 8 servings Change Servings

Directions

1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar and saute for 2 to 3 more minutes. Then stir in the red wine, vinegar, tomato paste, chicken stock, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cilantro and salt. Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is reduced by about half.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the bacon and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bacon is browned. Move the bacon to one side of the skillet and add the venison to the empty side of the skillet. Season the meat with salt to taste and saute the meat for 15 minutes, or until well browned. Stir in the beans and toss all together. Transfer this mixture to the simmering pot.
  3. Mix everything together thoroughly and let simmer for about 20 more minutes.
tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM
I use my normal chili recipe and just use ground venison mixed with ground pork to help the leanness of the venison.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:55 AM

The same as my regular but as previously stated you need a bit of fat because the venison is very lean. I'm hoping to have a deer hanging by the end of today! YUM!!

Baybeelove88
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Yum!!! But I got nothin, sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmomof2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I cheat and buy chili seasoning packets. But I do a pound of black beans, pound of kidney beans, three yellow onions, three pound venison, four chili seasoning packets, two cans of tomato paste., four large tomatoes steamed and peeled. I use dried beans and add them while they are still a little hard. I take the onion and pan cook it. Once soft I add venison and a cup of vinegar. Cook it until meat is done. Once beans are done cooking I add tomatoes chili and a few cups of the bean water in with the beans. Then add the meat/ onion vinegar mix. I put it all in the crock pot and let it cook on medium over night.
junebutterfly
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Good luck. Where do you live?

Quoting mamamiajk:

The same as my regular but as previously stated you need a bit of fat because the venison is very lean. I'm hoping to have a deer hanging by the end of today! YUM!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)