Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Need advice about another group

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am a member of a group for local moms where I live. The last time the owner logged in was almost a year ago. How do I go about putting life back into this group? Is it possible for me to take over the group? 

Ellen

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamalusbear
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Maybe have a little holiday party?  Something fun where you can all get together :).

itsblissmas
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:18 PM

You can send this into the CafeMom using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of your screen. =)

gonecrazi
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Thanks 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:20 PM
I took over a group for a "dead" owner. It's really easy, just e-mail Cafemom and tell them that the group owner is no longer active or deleted their account and they will transfer ownership to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I'm in a group for my area too that is pretty dead.  Every time someone stirs up maybe getting together or something, people are too busy worrying about when they can't meet up rather than trying to push things around to get together and meet people.  I'm in the group, it's had a few owners, but the pull just isn't there I guess.

PortiaRose
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Yay! I'm interested in taking over a group. I love the name and it saves me time.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I took over a group for a "dead" owner. It's really easy, just e-mail Cafemom and tell them that the group owner is no longer active or deleted their account and they will transfer ownership to you.
PortiaRose
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I think the majority of people are on cm cuz they don't have the will or the time to meet. I've been in contact with a woman from my town. We have nothing in common.

Quoting Marimaru:

I'm in a group for my area too that is pretty dead.  Every time someone stirs up maybe getting together or something, people are too busy worrying about when they can't meet up rather than trying to push things around to get together and meet people.  I'm in the group, it's had a few owners, but the pull just isn't there I guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN