Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Where did i go wrong?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM
  • 7 Replies
my oldest comes home from school in his usual bad mood. He demands me to go out to the car and get his car that he left there this morning. I told him go get it yourself, its not my job to get his toys for him. My middle son over hears this and then i hear my garage door shut. He went out and got the toy for his big brother. He goes to hand it to him and my oldest, disrespectful little turd snarls at him and doesnt even take the toy. I see this sad little look on his face and i feel so bad for him.

Yeah he is my oldest and when he was a baby i did baby him more than the others when they were babies, but as soon as the twins came along, that stopped. The twins are caring, loving, helpful children and he is lazy and disrespectful. We have to force him to help out. This post is really nothing more than a vent...just cant understand how i have 3 kids who help and have respect and 1 that does nothing if it doesnt benefit him.

And yes, he was punished for the way he treated his brother.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM

How was he punished?

Nathans_mom0612
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

How was he punished?

He was sent to his room and then had to apologize to his brother for being rude. Then we had a talkabout when someone does something nice for you, you say thank you and you dont be rude to them. I told him he didnt have to get your car for you and you say thank you for him doing that for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM

How old is he and why does he usually have a bad mood from school? 

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting Anonymous:

How was he punished?

He was sent to his room and then had to apologize to his brother for being rude. Then we had a talkabout when someone does something nice for you, you say thank you and you dont be rude to them. I told him he didnt have to get your car for you and you say thank you for him doing that for you.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

He is 5. He is in kindergarden and usualky when hevhas his bad mood its because he fell asleep on the bus, but he didnt sleep today...he was just crabby and i dont know why.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting Anonymous:

He is 5. He is in kindergarden and usualky when hevhas his bad mood its because he fell asleep on the bus, but he didnt sleep today...he was just crabby and i dont know why.

When he gets home from school ask him "Are you in a good mood or bad right now?"  If he says bad then just say we'll leave you alone and then just sent him his room until it's over.  He does need to understand his behavior is unacceptable and not very nice.  Make sure Just try to make sure he gets enough sleep during school days. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

You haven't done anything wrong.  I have three children and they are all three very different from each other.  The oldest has always resented the younger siblings.  He has spent most of his life in a bad mood.  The middle one was and is the class clown.  He is also moody but without the crabbiness.  The youngest is mellow and very low key.  They all have their own personalities. 

I think it is good that you are letting your son know that his crabbiness is not ok when others are nice to him.  Keep doing that.  He will hear you eventually. 

Nathans_mom0612
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

You haven't done anything wrong.  I have three children and they are all three very different from each other.  The oldest has always resented the younger siblings.  He has spent most of his life in a bad mood.  The middle one was and is the class clown.  He is also moody but without the crabbiness.  The youngest is mellow and very low key.  They all have their own personalities. 

I think it is good that you are letting your son know that his crabbiness is not ok when others are nice to him.  Keep doing that.  He will hear you eventually. 

Maybe it's oldest child syndrome! Sometimes he is just so crabby it aggravates me to the core. Thanks for reading my vent. Glad to know I'm not alone. My poor little one looks up to his big brother and today it looked like he was heartbroken the way his brother treated him. I made sure to give him an extra big hug and let him know his brother is just being a crab and that he was a very good boy for what he did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)