Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would anyone else prefer to just skip Thanksgiving all together?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 30 Replies
It's just such a gluten filled, total lie of a holiday. I get the whole being with family thing but I don't need a holiday to want that. I'd rather just go straight to Xmas. I'm not religious so it doesn't hold that meaning for me but at least it's fun for the kids, that's why I love Xmas. The kids are so happy and I love to give to others and volunteer also. Thanksgiving is lame...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keatonzmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I do have to admit the daily "I'm Thankful For" on facebook from multiple different people get really annoying... but I do LOVE the FOOD! Can't pass that up!

pregnancy calendar

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I love to see family. We only see family usually 3 times a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM
No, I like taking each holiday as it comes. I like Thanksgiving.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
norcalkitten78
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

My ex-husband and I skipped it for a few consecutive years. Went to friends houses or had friends over but no parents/inlaws/brothers/sisters....It was the best Thanksgivings ever. I have a new family now and I am excited to do it again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I hate all holidays so I wish it was Feb already.

illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM

My mom and dad are 400 miles away. DH's mom is 800 miles away. DH's dad lives down the street and we rarely see them. On Thursday this week we will be ordering pizza and watching parades and football on tv.

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Yeah, I wish it was just over.  I don't have to worry about "seeing family."  Everybody in my extended family does things with their little families, we don't get together anymore.  So, I make dinner for the 4 of us plus my mom.  And it's stressful, getting things done and getting to sit down and eat and cleaned up, all before DH goes to work at 6:30 Thanksgiving night.  Just too stressful for me.  

marlarrie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Skip Thanksgiving? NO WAY!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Absolutely not.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!  i love the togetherness.Even if it is only my husband and our kids.  We watch the parade as I cook. Appreciate what we have and we eat. 

nodramamama311
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I get it but I'm thankful all year. I don't know, to me it's just a day. To each their own I guess.

Quoting Courtney610:

Absolutely not.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!  i love the togetherness.Even if it is only my husband and our kids.  We watch the parade as I cook. Appreciate what we have and we eat. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN