Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this weird?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am 37, happily married with one DS. Except for the lack of money, lol, i have a great life.
I just found out the guy I had a super crush on from 7th grade until almost all of high school just passed away. I don't know any details. The obit says he passed at home, no wife, no kids.
What is weird is how bummed i feel about it. I know that will pass. That literally was my teen years, my crush on him. Such a shame, he was too young 37. Last time i think i even saw him was back in 1994.
Weird how you can be so bummed about someone you haven't seen in many years.
This was just really a vent. Just odd i an so bothered over it. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
twistandshout
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It is very normal to have feelings when a friend passes. I am sorry and hugs to you.

Fyrestar68
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My sincere condolences. I went through the same thing 2 years ago. DH and I went to my HS sweethearts memorial service together. He said it was weird at first, but that he did understand why I would feel the need to attend. He even made friends and I've been reacquainted with so many of my HS friends. I still miss him on occasion, but it isn't the relationship so much as realizing that people I know within MY generation have passed, and it brings closer to home that reality of your time will come.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Aw. That's so young. I'm sorry Hun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)