Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe
Not normal, beneficial debt. I mean hard core, consumer debt that you aren't paying.

I am. I need to file bankruptcy but I don't even have enough money to do that. :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Replies (41-49):
godsgirl26
by ♥ char ♥ on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM
We don't do credit cards. I've never had one and don't plan on having one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Oh yeah... It sucks. I have 35k in cc debt and my husband left me, taking his income with him. The debt is in my name, but it was joint debt from 10 yrs of marriage. I only make 30k/yr so there is no way ill ever pay this off. I have to get through the divorce then file for bankruptcy.
907PickleMom
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Not including the mortgage we have about $30000 in debt including student loans, credit cards and a truck payment. We are a paycheck to paycheck family right now because I stay home with DD 15 mos. when she goes to kindergarten I will be applying for a job in the school district, so hopefully this will only be for a few more years.
mgm_5
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Bankruptcy is when u file a claim with the courts saying you don't have any money to pay your creditors, your debt is forgiven and you don't owe anymore money but it says on your credit that u filed, doesn't look good but itll look better after a few yrs when ur credit starts all over

Quoting iluvalex:

What does bankruptcy mean I mean when you file it do you get money. Sorry I don't understand how that works
iluvalex
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:57 AM
So don't get money for filing bankruptcy

Quoting mgm_5:

Bankruptcy is when u file a claim with the courts saying you don't have any money to pay your creditors, your debt is forgiven and you don't owe anymore money but it says on your credit that u filed, doesn't look good but itll look better after a few yrs when ur credit starts all over

Quoting iluvalex:

What does bankruptcy mean I mean when you file it do you get money. Sorry I don't understand how that works

mgm_5
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM
No u don't get money, it usually costs money to file, but u become debt free

Quoting iluvalex:

Quoting mgm_5:

Quoting iluvalex:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
$25K in student loans, $1500 in credit card debt for me

$5K in student loans for s/o and $1,000 in credit card debit
iluvalex
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Oh ok

Quoting mgm_5:

No u don't get money, it usually costs money to file, but u become debt free

Quoting iluvalex:

Quoting mgm_5:

Quoting iluvalex:

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

No. None

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)