Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Just found out a High Risk Sex Offender lives in my apts!(piog) ((UPDATE!!))

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:20 AM
  • 27 Replies

I got a postcard telling me this person has been released and had the address listed and he lives in my apts. He is considered high risk for sexually assaulting a 12 yr old. The major problem is there is a lot of children over here and the school is across the street. I have no idea what to do. I may go by the office and tell them he need to go or I'm breaking my lease. Either way, if he cross my path or even so much as come near my child, I will shoot his ass! He needs to be in the halfway house for sex offenders not in an apartment complex full of families with children who are always out unsupervised! Yep the manager is gonna get a long email from me! I pay too much money for me and my family's safety to be compromised. The city should have known better to release this man over here. Major FAIL!

Good News: I emailed the apt manager and he said they nipped that in the bud a month ago when he was attempting to live in the complex after release. We just got the notice late......damn snail mail!! Anyway the kids are safe for now. Talk about a big sigh of relief!! Thank God my manager understands, I kinda figured he'd do the right thing!

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM
If you received notice I am sure management has also been notified. He has to be approved by management to reside there just as any other tennant. I would talk to management, your neighbors, your local representative and if nothing is done reach out to the media. You do not want to do anything that will put you in harms way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leighp1
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM

How close is the school?  There is a law that says they can not live within so many feet/yards from a school or a park. I know that he has to be registered, but I would probably make a big stink over it.  One of my daughter's friend's parent went around posting signs and passing out flyers.  The predator ended up leaving fast.

giftedone78
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Quoting leighp1:

How close is the school?  There is a law that says they can not live within so many feet/yards from a school or a park. I know that he has to be registered, but I would probably make a big stink over it.  One of my daughter's friend's parent went around posting signs and passing out flyers.  The predator ended up leaving fast.

The school is on the next block......this is a small complex! I'm gonna send an email with the copy of the postcard to him. A High Risk offender should not be this close to children.
Nathans_mom0612
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats scary. I dont blame you for being upset. I heard the same thing about so many feet from a school. Also, you would think with so many kids in your building, your lanlord would deem him unsafe to stay there.
giftedone78
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Thats scary. I dont blame you for being upset. I heard the same thing about so many feet from a school. Also, you would think with so many kids in your building, your lanlord would deem him unsafe to stay there.

The city should have done that! He should be in a halfway house with the rest of the high risks! He should be afraid........of me. I WILL SHOOT HIM if he so much as eyball my child!
Nathans_mom0612
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Quoting giftedone78:

GO MAMA! I like your thinking!

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

GOBryan
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Do you not realize that they live everywhere. If you checked the internet for the "registered" sex offenders in your area, you'd be amazed how many there are. The reality is that they gotta live somewhere and the way the courts are, just because they had something with a minor, who may have even been consenting, they are then convicted sex offenders. 

Don't flip out over it.. Just keep an eye on your kids, which is something that should be done regardless whether one moved into the area or not. I can't begin to say how many people fail to watch their kids properly. My little girl was riding her bike yesterday while I walked and there was a little boy on the sidewalk while the older girl/woman/mother?? Not sure.. just walked back into her garage with a smaller one in her arms, leaving the little boy of maybe 1 or 2 on the sidewalk, while the mailman was driving by.. What if that little boy had decided to run into the street while the mailman passed by? Needless to say, my daughter collided with the little boy.. Nothing serious because she's on a small bike with training wheels going slow but imagine if it were an older kid on this bike.. 

It's about watching your kids.. This world is filled with justifiable and unjustifiable dangers and accidents waiting to happen. Ignorance is bliss. You only knew because you received something in the mail but if you check. you'll see that he is not the only one. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM
This, they are everywhere. You can't live your life in fear. My kids are grown and nothing ever happened to them. Most of the time sex offenders go after family or someone close to them. Most of the time anyway.

Quoting GOBryan:

Do you not realize that they live everywhere. If you checked the internet for the "registered" sex offenders in your area, you'd be amazed how many there are. The reality is that they gotta live somewhere and the way the courts are, just because they had something with a minor, who may have even been consenting, they are then convicted sex offenders. 

Don't flip out over it.. Just keep an eye on your kids, which is something that should be done regardless whether one moved into the area or not. I can't begin to say how many people fail to watch their kids properly. My little girl was riding her bike yesterday while I walked and there was a little boy on the sidewalk while the older girl/woman/mother?? Not sure.. just walked back into her garage with a smaller one in her arms, leaving the little boy of maybe 1 or 2 on the sidewalk, while the mailman was driving by.. What if that little boy had decided to run into the street while the mailman passed by? Needless to say, my daughter collided with the little boy.. Nothing serious because she's on a small bike with training wheels going slow but imagine if it were an older kid on this bike.. 

It's about watching your kids.. This world is filled with justifiable and unjustifiable dangers and accidents waiting to happen. Ignorance is bliss. You only knew because you received something in the mail but if you check. you'll see that he is not the only one. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
giftedone78
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I know there are others, I check all the time. They only send the postcards to alert you to a high risk offender who has just been released! The dept of public safety sent this but with him being high risk, he should be in a halfway house not in a multi family complex across from an elementary school.

Quoting GOBryan:

GOBryan
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Across from an elementary school.. Probably not but there's no reason for him to live in a halfway house if he doesn't have to. If he can afford to live in a decent apartment, then he should have that right. Chances are he served his time. Why is he high risk? Is it only a 12 year old that he supposedly molested?? I many of many 12 year olds these days that are not that innocent but say she was, what happened exactly.. Were there others? Is his simply one incident or were there more? Don't go by just a conviction alone. I did see on tv how easily even a teen can be convicted and made a molester for something as easily as putting a nude picture of themselves on FB and a minor seeing it..  

I'd find out more before jumping to conclusions. 

Quoting giftedone78:

I know there are others, I check all the time. They only send the postcards to alert you to a high risk offender who has just been released! The dept of public safety sent this but with him being high risk, he should be in a halfway house not in a multi family complex across from an elementary school.

Quoting GOBryan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)