Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Okay, here goes. Maybe It's just the emotions of being a woman and being on clomid at the moment, I dunno. I want some other ladies thoughts and opinions. DH and I have been together 12, married for the past 5. My DH had one other girl that he truly once loved and was with her for 3 years prior to us meeting/dating. He was also broken up with her long  enough to date a couple other ladies before he met me.  Well anyways, my MIL kept a huge, like 11x7 sized picture they had taken while they were together hanging in her livingroom for many many years.  Within the last year or two it had disappeared and i thought she finally had gotten rid of it, but we were over Thanksgiving dinner and we were going downstairs to tell his siblings bye and there that same damn picture hung above the staircase, but in a different size a 5x7. Im kinda feeling a bit disrespected that she finally took the picture out of the livingroom, just to hang it up in a different size at a different location. DH says his mom just likes the photo of him and that's why she keeps it up. I don't care if she keeps the pictures, but I think it would be more respectful of me if she didn't hang them in display in her house. What is your take on the issue???

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

My take it its her house and she can decorate it how ever she feels. Her pictures are not displayed to irritate, disrespect  or hurt you.

MariannLws
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, but it is your mother in law's home and she is going to put up what she likes. You can always look at the situation this way. What if you had something on display in your house that you really liked but mother in law did not and she asked you to take it down. 

merryvoice
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM
I agree with the others.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM
My feelings felt hurt once when one of DH aunts had an 8x10 pic of him and ex GF! But it wasn't his moms house so I didn't care! They said for me give updates pics of fam! So they removed it! DH&I have old pics of prom/prom dates but not hanging on wall!
my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Quoting merryvoice:

I agree with the others.

dkvhensley
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd probably lay a smooch on my honey that made his socks roll up and down, then check his pulse rate. If it's around 80 or 90 beats per minute, I'd try to not to worry about it too much, cause if you still make his heart pound, he's yours!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

My feelings felt hurt once when one of DH aunts had an 8x10 pic of him and ex GF! But it wasn't his moms house so I didn't care! They said for me give updates pics of fam! So they removed it! DH&I have old pics of prom/prom dates but not hanging on wall!

Yes, dh and myself have old photos of the such at home in our photo albums. I'm fine, were both fine with that. I'm not okay with his mom putting any on display tho. It's just wrong and disrespectful in my book!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Quoting dkvhensley:

I'd probably lay a smooch on my honey that made his socks roll up and down, then check his pulse rate. If it's around 80 or 90 beats per minute, I'd try to not to worry about it too much, cause if you still make his heart pound, he's yours!

Your response made me smile! :) I sure the heck can do that!

mlg1989
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I think its a bit of an over reaction. Its not there to insult you, its a picture in HER house of HER son. As much as you hate it it was a time in his life. Maybe take a new picture of you two and give it to her as a Christmas gift ;)
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM
As your MIL I do find it disrespectful! Her son moved on!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Yes, dh and myself have old photos of the such at home in our photo albums. I'm fine, were both fine with that. I'm not okay with his mom putting any on display tho. It's just wrong and disrespectful in my book!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN