Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

i guess i was wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I havent seen my family for almost 4 years and i badly miss them.unfortunately they cant afford to buy laptop so i promised ill swnd them one.husband keep saying we will send the spare desktop but we dont.then i asked if i can have the laprop with broken screen and have it fixed but he keep saying we wont send them the old broken laptop.i have personal savings and i decidedi to buy a cheap laptop.he seemes upset now. I dont asked much from him at all. Am i wrong for buying a laptop for my family so ican see them through webcam.My parents are 74 yo and had not seen their grandkids yet.. It breaks my heart i couldnt bring them to see their grandkids.too expensive.

Update..
Were still not talking mode. The thing is i cant wait any longer.. Four years.. He gets hs kids nice stuff.. Smart fon laptop...shes 11 and had expensive fon..had laptop.. Its ok..im happy he gets his daughter but when it comes to my family he gives me hard time
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Your dh needs to stop. I think it's okay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
It is fine. I think it is nice of you.
Shellness
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Buy it. Its important to you and YOU are important.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I didnt tell him im buying for them.he tend to control the money so i save little by little incase i need money.he is planning to get his 12yo an ipad or tablet which cost more than the cheap laptop.ww already paid $700 for her plane ticket so she can spend xmas here. Hinestly after i married him i end up giving all my money and salary for household expenses including supporting his kids but i dont get to help my own family back home.i feel so bad cause before i married him i send them some money but now i couldnt.my parents have no insurance and 74yo from 3rd world country.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM
They're your family. And you shouldn't have to tell him how you spend your money. I think its okay, especially since he just spent 700 on his kid's plane ticket, and I assume he's probably spending at least a couple hundred on presents.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didnt tell him im buying for them.he tend to control the money so i save little by little incase i need money.he is planning to get his 12yo an ipad or tablet which cost more than the cheap laptop.ww already paid $700 for her plane ticket so she can spend xmas here. Hinestly after i married him i end up giving all my money and salary for household expenses including supporting his kids but i dont get to help my own family back home.i feel so bad cause before i married him i send them some money but now i couldnt.my parents have no insurance and 74yo from 3rd world country.

Quoting Anonymous:

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Weird question..where are your parents from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twistandshout
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:05 PM

No, he is the one that is wrong. He ignored your request time after time and you waited and waited for him to do what he said he would do. cuto's to you for standing up for yourself. He would just have to be mad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Yeah.. Probly a thousand for his 13yo plane ticket included.plus his adopted daughter too. We have 2 toddlers who get cheap toys.i dont mind but u feel guilty i couldnt do anything for my parents

Quoting Anonymous:

They're your family. And you shouldn't have to tell him how you spend your money. I think its okay, especially since he just spent 700 on his kid's plane ticket, and I assume he's probably spending at least a couple hundred on presents.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Philippines.were not rich.they put their house and lot and our farms for colateral just to pay for my workng visa and ticket

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Weird question..where are your parents from?

Tirednboredmom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Absolutely not!  Stand your gournd.  If your relationship does not work, he will be gone. your parents are yours forever.

Do you work?  Or at you a stay at home mom?

This generally makes the difference, I know, I am going through something similar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)