Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Behavior

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son will be 3 in December and has really been snapping back telling me no and seems to have anger issues... Slamming the door giving me mean looks not listening at all. What do I do? I've tried everything!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Start putting him in time out, get on his level and tell him no (looking him in the eyes).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1aiden3
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I've tried that and he starts throwing himself everywhere and won't look at me.. He even closes his eyes.
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM
You gently hold him or put him back in the chair or stair whatever you're using it has to be repetitive so he knows you mean business .

Quoting 1aiden3:

I've tried that and he starts throwing himself everywhere and won't look at me.. He even closes his eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1aiden3
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Thank u
I'm gonna have to try to put him in a chair
gonecrazi
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to find that one thing he hates to lose or the one punisment hates the most. So you know how to punish him .

GertieK
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I know I will get a lot of crap for this, but a good old fashioned spanking works wonders.  He's 3.

1aiden3
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM
He laughs when I spank him
I feel like he's just gonna be stuck being this mean kid with anger problems
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep if it takes an hour for him to sit there and behave it does. Do not engage him when putting him back.

Quoting lapcounter:

You gently hold him or put him back in the chair or stair whatever you're using it has to be repetitive so he knows you mean business .

Quoting 1aiden3:

GertieK
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Spanking should = pain.  Not a tap.  It is SUPPOSED TO HURT.  If he is laughing, you aren't doing it right.  It is hard to spank your kid.  Goodness knows, I raised 4, but as they say here down south, if they "tote a good butt whoopin'" they won't be repeating their actions.  What i finally learned is that you really only have to spank them 2 or 3 times....make it count.  Then when they KNOW you mean business, all you have to do is look at them... give them the "eye", and the next thing you know they are, as my kids used to say, "being haive".  Actions should have consequences, and if the consequences are ones that they do not want to have happen, they will avoid acting in a way that brings them on.  I realize the big controversy about spanking kids, blah blah blah.  But when I see parents trying to teach their kids how to act by talking to them, it is hard not to laugh.  The kid just basically laughs at them and goes on about their business.  Manners and behavior are not natural to kids.  They must be taught, and that is YOUR job.  Kids need and WANT parameters.  They need to know when they cross the line, they are not going to be happy.  As they learn to behave properly within those guidelines, you extend their boundaries.  They screw up, you tighten back down. When I see kids acting out and being little stinkers, what I see is a kid begging for some kind of discipline.  Kids who have no clear understanding of when to stop are insecure, and begging for their parents to be parents.  Hopefully, by the time they are grown, you have done your job and they aren't obnoxious people who understand how the world functions.  While they are special to you, they are just one in a gazillion,  and if they want to distinguish themselves it will take hard work and committment with good work ethics and an understanding of how to interact with the world... kindly, politely, and with a sense of some kind decorum.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:04 AM

I agree with the time out.If he gets out of the corner just put him back into it.Hope something works for you.GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)