Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I am really thinking that the Kindle Fire HD might be the best choice. It has flash, which I really need, and it is small and lightweight. It has plenty of aps and does plenty more. I have read it is faster than the iPad as well. What do you think????

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Replies (31-36):
Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I have an iPad. It irks me to no end that I can't watch Flash on it. I have come to realize that I prefer PC products over Mac products, and so I wish I had the Google Nexus or something similar instead.

With Kindle, you can only buy stuff from Amazon. I'd prefer to get an item that gives you the whole Android market instead.

TugBoatMama
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I just bought a Fire for my boys yesterday and its on its way here. We have never had a tablet before so we thought this would make a nice start for us. The customer reviews on Amazon are pretty good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I think it depends on what your used to. If you have an iPhone/iPod etc i would go with an iPad. It's hard to get use to a different system
Marimaru
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

This is true, and something to consider.  I like my Nexus 7 a lot.  You can go to the google play store and the amazon app store.

Quoting Barabell:

I have an iPad. It irks me to no end that I can't watch Flash on it. I have come to realize that I prefer PC products over Mac products, and so I wish I had the Google Nexus or something similar instead.

With Kindle, you can only buy stuff from Amazon. I'd prefer to get an item that gives you the whole Android market instead.

gica
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I love my kindle. It's not the fire model, just regular but I could not live without it. I read about books on magazines, like Oprah's and I order a sample for the ones I think I might be interested, they send me about 50 pages, the first ones, and if I like it, I buy it on the Kindle itself, and presto! I have my  book in less than 60 seconds, no need to get out of the house. I must say I love reading and since this black and white screen is very easy on the eyes I sometimes finish a book in just one week-end.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I prefer the ipad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)