Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Teen Carnage - Is there hope?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

As a young mother, I would love to hear uplifting stories about being the parent of a teenager. All I hear is awful stories about how hard it is to raise teens and how terrible they are and etc etc. Really? Aren't there any good stories or normal? or is the reality that teen years are hell for all parents? Should I be prepared?

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I have a niece who is a fantastic person.  She's 17.  She works.  She's been the official babysitter for her brother and sister since before she should've been.  Her parents haven't been the best role models and yet she's this terrific, bubbly, adorable, nice, hilariously sarcastic young woman.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

gonecrazi
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Depends on how you raise them. Most are wonderful people but they do have their moments. 

Ellen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:43 PM
My girls didn't do drugs, drink, or have sex in HS. Was it still easy, no. Am I grateful for the girls I have, you bet. After what I read on here, yep. I told my girls more often how awesome they are.
queencreekmom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I'm a teacher and most are awesome! They are bright, clever, involved, talented and caring. I enjoy dealing with them. There are always a few pains, but even they have their moments! Don't worry! You will enjoy things about every stage of your kids lives!

Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

You should visit our Moms with Teens group for even more feedback!:)

Pink.Frosting
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I have a 14 year old son and 16 year old daughter and they are lovely.  Easy to get along with, they listen to and respect us *and* actually like us!  They get along great with each other as well.  We have a really calm little family and home life.  They have good heads on their shoulders and comparing them to other teens I know, have more than their fair share of common sense.  I honestly have no complaints.

calliemist
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Thank you all for sharing. It's awesome to heard real, good news on teens. I just need it. 

Aivlys_
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Not all teenagers are horrible, parenting plays a big role on how they turn out. I have a 15 and a 13, both are honor roll students, caring and respectful! they play sports and they both have many friends... I am proud of being their mom!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I don't have teens yet but I can say the I have two teenage cousins (13 and 16) and both are pretty easy kids. The older, a girl, is taking AP courses and is super involved with all things wholesome (church, family, golf,children, etc) and the younger is sort of annoying but in a geeky and wholesome way. He's a clown but his only issues have been some homework issues . . . And that's mostly due to boredom I think.

My oldest is ten now and is coming up on those preteen years, but he still shows signs of being a good kid :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)