Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

older mom 54, im new member, looking for nice ways to deal with not so nice teen son

Posted by   + Show Post

confusedhi everyone, is it me or r teens the toughest age?

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Replies (11-14):
TexanMomOf6
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM

My sons weren't a problem at any age. My daughers were both drama queens, especially during the teen years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm 54, and have a 14 year old son, John. So far I'm not having any problems with him, but I've told him that he can talk to me about anything and I will listen to what he has to say. I think that by letting him know he can come to me about anything, that he knows that he has my full support, attention and most of all, my unconditional love. I wish you good luck with your teen, just let them know you love them, and will listen to them. It works for me, hope it works for you. God Bless.

Ditto. What she said.

I am 54 and have a 14 year old too, a girl. All is going well so far.

A friend just recommended "Duct Tape Parenting-A Less Is More Approach to Raising Respectful, Responsible, and Resilient Kids"

gogrango, you might find it helpful.The author has this blog.

flockmother.wordpress.com

Oh, and by all means join the CM moms with teens group.

All the best!

hugs

4kids2cats
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:52 AM

I have a 15, almost 16 year old son.  I have made an effort to find one or two activites we can do together,  that's just special for the two of us.  For example, my son has taken up running, which I used to do a lot of,  and while he can now run a lot faster and longer than me, I we try to do races 'together' where he'll do a 10K and I'll do the 2K or 5K.  My husband will look after the other kids than morning, so my teen son and I can do the race.  This not only gives us a connection with a common interest, but gives us time to talk in the car just about 'things' that come up with him.

scrappyj
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM

this is coming from a mom that have raise some of them myself. Stand your ground with them and pray for them there is life after teenagers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)