Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHM's are like prostitues

Posted by   + Show Post

I was talking to an acquaintence of mine over the phone the other day.

We discussed our work status, her and her husband work full time out of the home. I told her I'm a sahm.

She was telling me how she wished she could be a sahm but how she wouldn't feel right because sahm are like prostitues.

She said, "if you think about it, women stay home to have sex with their husbands and since they don't have jobs and their husbands pay for everything, it's like their husbands pay to have sex with them."

I didn't say anything. I just said the baby is crying so I have to go. 

I just wanted to cry. I can't believe she would say shit like that. I thought to myself, "are you for real? It stings you because you can't be a sahm so you have to knock what I do?"

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Obviously she has no real clue what a real SAHM does!  She'll change her mind if she gets the chance to be one, especially if she has more than one kid at home.  Personally I'd just chalk it up to stupidity and let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
A sahm's job is never over and they work a lot harder than u think. Ur comment is just hateful and mean. But I shouldn't be surprised. It ALWAYS happened on here.

Quoting Anonymous:

truth hurt ?

you might "work hard" but if he pays everything and gives you money and u have sex with him .. then she is right 

vinalex0581
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

laughing

Quoting connie45:

Quoting Anonymous:

truth hurt ?

you might "work hard" but if he pays everything and gives you money and u have sex with him .. then she is right 

Thank goodness we have insight from the Walking Dumb.

vinalex0581
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM

and i guess i shouldn't have gotten so offended by the comment. she didn't know what she was talking about.

Quoting danie24:

I would have thanked her for the compliment. :)

vinalex0581
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM

no way, not a friend just an acquaintance.

Quoting mamamiajk:

This is a friend? Shame on her! You should have told her as a SAHM  you have the hardest job in the worldgiving mom gift

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats a bunch of crap. Im sorry she said that to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM

thanks. i shouldn't let it bother me, she's not a friend anyway, just an acquaintance.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not a SAHM..Im a single mom. I know its hard to take care of the kids , the house, etc.

Quoting vinalex0581:

thanks. i shouldn't let it bother me, she's not a friend anyway, just an acquaintance.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maribel88
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

woww. what a horrible thing for her to tell you. I have done both...been a stay at home mom and also worked full time. Now I am back at work. Staying at home is nice if it can be done and good when you have young children and can spend time with your kids.I've had people look down on me for staying at home. People can be mean....

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

That's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. This person isn't your friend and you don't need to talk to people that are this stupid. Being a mom is important whether you stay home or work outside the home and there's no reason to demean someone because of their decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN