Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHM's are like prostitues

Posted by   + Show Post

I was talking to an acquaintence of mine over the phone the other day.

We discussed our work status, her and her husband work full time out of the home. I told her I'm a sahm.

She was telling me how she wished she could be a sahm but how she wouldn't feel right because sahm are like prostitues.

She said, "if you think about it, women stay home to have sex with their husbands and since they don't have jobs and their husbands pay for everything, it's like their husbands pay to have sex with them."

I didn't say anything. I just said the baby is crying so I have to go. 

I just wanted to cry. I can't believe she would say shit like that. I thought to myself, "are you for real? It stings you because you can't be a sahm so you have to knock what I do?"

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
Currymel
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd rather my husband be my pimp than some faceless corporation. She's getting screwed by a stranger! LOL

Venae
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

So I guess working moms aren't really moms since they pay someone else to raise their kids.

brenatens
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol, I would have to laugh at that... Cuz it's just silly! I work, but someday I would LOVE to stay with my baby all day!!! I'm pretty sure prostitutes don't do childcare!
Jessy613
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol Wow..that's really ridiculous of her to say...

B-FigNewton
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol she was just hating on you. SAHMs are just as fabulous as working mothers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont know how hard it is ? i did it for years with 3 kids .

my husband was killed and i had to find a job . i never said it was easy to be a sahm

Quoting Anonymous:

A sahm's job is never over and they work a lot harder than u think. Ur comment is just hateful and mean. But I shouldn't be surprised. It ALWAYS happened on here.

Quoting Anonymous:

truth hurt ?

you might "work hard" but if he pays everything and gives you money and u have sex with him .. then she is right 

witchybabymomma
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL wow that was a really ignorant statement, while I admit I have a fe SAHM friends that I get fed up with their "never have time" claims. All children attend school BTW, but I also have SAHM who homeschools. Not saying all situations are the same, but I do everything most of my SAHM friends do as well as work full time.

I am definately not against SAHM moms and I say if you are in a situation where you can be one it's awesome to be able to spend more time with yor children.

witchybabymomma
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to disagree with the comment. If your SO supports you as a SAHM the MOM is the key word there. They are being supported by their SO to take care of the children, NOT for sex so referring to them as being similar to a prostitute is NOT accurate.

Quoting Anonymous:

my husband was killed and i had to find a job . i never said it was easy to be a sahm

Quoting Anonymous:

A sahm's job is never over and they work a lot harder than u think. Ur comment is just hateful and mean. But I shouldn't be surprised. It ALWAYS happened on here.

Quoting Anonymous:

truth hurt ?

you might "work hard" but if he pays everything and gives you money and u have sex with him .. then she is right 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

do they get money ? do they give sex?  same thing

Quoting witchybabymomma:

I have to disagree with the comment. If your SO supports you as a SAHM the MOM is the key word there. They are being supported by their SO to take care of the children, NOT for sex so referring to them as being similar to a prostitute is NOT accurate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

truth hurt ?

MessedUpMama
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:54 AM
2 moms liked this

The difference is that he ISN'T paying for sex. He gives her money to pay bills, buy food and take care of their children. If he is paying her for anything he's paying for her to take care of the kids, clean the house, cook and shop for food, and dozens of other things. The sex isn't something she gives in return for money.

If your husband makes more than you does that make you a prostitute as well? He pays more than you do after all, right? And you probably have sex with him sometimes as well, right? By your definition that makes you a prostitute. He 'gives' you money and you give him sex. Oh, wait, that makes you LIKE a prostitute, sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

do they get money ? do they give sex?  same thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)