Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHM's are like prostitues

Posted by   + Show Post

I was talking to an acquaintence of mine over the phone the other day.

We discussed our work status, her and her husband work full time out of the home. I told her I'm a sahm.

She was telling me how she wished she could be a sahm but how she wouldn't feel right because sahm are like prostitues.

She said, "if you think about it, women stay home to have sex with their husbands and since they don't have jobs and their husbands pay for everything, it's like their husbands pay to have sex with them."

I didn't say anything. I just said the baby is crying so I have to go. 

I just wanted to cry. I can't believe she would say shit like that. I thought to myself, "are you for real? It stings you because you can't be a sahm so you have to knock what I do?"

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (81-87):
MessedUpMama
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM

First let me say, I'm sorry for your loss.

Then I want to say that I'm sorry that YOUR relationship was like that. In most marriages the two parties are partners, each does what he or she can to take care of their family. Sometimes one of them makes more money so they pay more of the bills. Sometimes one of them does more of the phycal work around the house, but that doesn't make one of them better than the other, or worth more than the other, or deserving my respect than the other, it's doing their fair share. If you were a prostitute in your relationship, you either weren't doing your fair share other wise, or he didn't respect you and what you contributed t your relationship. I really am sorry, either way, that you felt that way about something that should have been something sweet and loving.

Quoting Anonymous:

i used to be untill he died

Quoting MessedUpMama:

The difference is that he ISN'T paying for sex. He gives her money to pay bills, buy food and take care of their children. If he is paying her for anything he's paying for her to take care of the kids, clean the house, cook and shop for food, and dozens of other things. The sex isn't something she gives in return for money.

If your husband makes more than you does that make you a prostitute as well? He pays more than you do after all, right? And you probably have sex with him sometimes as well, right? By your definition that makes you a prostitute. He 'gives' you money and you give him sex. Oh, wait, that makes you LIKE a prostitute, sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

do they get money ? do they give sex?  same thing

lostosbourne
by Audi on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

That was a very rude and uncalled for comment she made to you. SAHMs (and SAHDs as well) are some of the most important people in the world. They are the ones who are there every day for their children. They are nurses, teachers, nurturers, counselors, maids, you name it. BUT one thing they are not is prostitutes. That was not right of her to say that to you and you have every right to be upset over it. I dont think she is a very good friend. 

Audi aka LostOsbourne

sweettigeress
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Uh...ok. We don't stay home TO HAVE SEX. We stay home to take care of our kids. She's an effing idiot. 

sweettigeress
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM

IKR! It would be pretty stupid to stay home to have sex when my husband works till 4:30. Ha! So...what am I doing in the meantime...ummm taking care of my kids and the house. 

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I stay home to have sex with my husband? I thought it was to raise our four children and keep the house and whatnot in order. Man, I was fooled all along!

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I'm a sahm and my df may pay all the bills but that doesn't mean I "have" to have sex with him. And he doesn't give me a dime so I have sex with him for free. Lol
annie2244
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Whoa! She's out of line for saying such rude (and wierd) thing to a person who is a sahm.

But - then you have to say she said it b/c she jealous?  Really?

Must we women continue to bash each other over the working mom/sahm thing? Are we really all so insecure that we must bash each other over this?

AubreeGrace17
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
That statement is ignorant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN