Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

sister in law from hell

Posted by   + Show Post
Well my brother has married a wife who is absolute garbage. She comes from a dysfunctional family. Her mom is an alcoholic who tried to hit on my husband.
My brother's wife has always dressed with no class wearing clothes that purposely shows her cleavage when she bends over. She has 2 daughters from a previous relationship and when the oldest turned 5, a truancy officer had to be sent to her house because she would oversleep and not send her kid to school.
Now my brother is in prison because he lost his job and she persuaded him to make money illegally. Yes, my brother made a bad choice but an even worse choice with the woman he picked.
What's worse is she knows where exactly my brother is in the prison while me, my mom, and brother get the run around. She won't disclose his contact info to us because she hates my mom. She's said it herself. Then she wrote my brother and told him she's the only one who's been there for him. What a scandalous bitch.
Does anyone else have a sister in law from hell?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
ara-myangel
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I've always accepted that my brother loved her. But that didn't mean I didn't trust her or loved her. I gave my heart chances to see what my brother saw in her with hopes I would one day be close to her. But what she's complaining about right now is how much bills my brother left her since he lost his last job because he was robbed at gun point. He made a very bad decision with her help. She admitted she knew my brother was doing things illegally but she never stopped him because it was the lifestyle she lived before she met my brother. The day my brother had been taken away my mom kept trying to call her but her phone was off. Then she told family members that my mom did not care for my brother. She was eager to spread rumors. It's so sad my brother hasn't opened his eyes yet to what kind of girl he has

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, I would hate the choices my brother was making...and I would hate the things she does WITH my husband...but I wouldn't hate her just because my brother decided on a lifestyle that was different than mine! I mean, My sis is a welfare whore with 8 kids and a husband that doesn't work...I blame him, but I don't hate him because she could have done better, SHOULD have done better, but she didn't, and that is HER fault.

Quoting ara-myangel:

If you met her you would hate her too. I have reasoning behind my emotions towards her. I am not the type to hate someone immediately. This hate grew over time. As I've said time and time again, yes my brother made his bad choices. But his wife is just as guilty as him. She got him the contact info he needed to become wrapped up in her lifestyle

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like a lot of women are threatened by their SIL....Hate them for the choices the brother makes?? doesn't make much sense to me!

ara-myangel
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Wow
She sure can cause a scene based on the sound of it

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Oh, man, I could write a novel about my SIL.  She's been in rehab 9 times.  She broke a vodka bottle over my husband's head.  She was BANNED FROM AN ISLAND AND FROM FLYING (don't ask).  She got drunk at my beloved Father-in-law's funeral last year and made a horrible scene.  Her husband is in the hospital right now, has bee for 12 days, she visited him twice.  She got drunk at my daughter's 3rd birthday party and had to be carried out.  She treats everyone like crap, talks to people like they're dirt, thinks people like waiters/waitresses, anyone in service industry-treats them like garbage.  She goes tanning every day she's not drinking, but is "too frail" to work (even though she can get her nails and hair done every week).  She is a piece of shit.  End of rant.

ara-myangel
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Sorry I'm on mobile and my thoughts are flying fast. I never trusted the SIL but that was based on personal backstabbing experiences from her. I wanted to love her as a part of my family but she hurt my mom too many times with her venomous lies. So I gave up on her though I tried to love her as family in the beginning

Quoting ara-myangel:

I've always accepted that my brother loved her. But that didn't mean I didn't trust her or loved her. I gave my heart chances to see what my brother saw in her with hopes I would one day be close to her. But what she's complaining about right now is how much bills my brother left her since he lost his last job because he was robbed at gun point. He made a very bad decision with her help. She admitted she knew my brother was doing things illegally but she never stopped him because it was the lifestyle she lived before she met my brother. The day my brother had been taken away my mom kept trying to call her but her phone was off. Then she told family members that my mom did not care for my brother. She was eager to spread rumors. It's so sad my brother hasn't opened his eyes yet to what kind of girl he has

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, I would hate the choices my brother was making...and I would hate the things she does WITH my husband...but I wouldn't hate her just because my brother decided on a lifestyle that was different than mine! I mean, My sis is a welfare whore with 8 kids and a husband that doesn't work...I blame him, but I don't hate him because she could have done better, SHOULD have done better, but she didn't, and that is HER fault.

Quoting ara-myangel:

If you met her you would hate her too. I have reasoning behind my emotions towards her. I am not the type to hate someone immediately. This hate grew over time. As I've said time and time again, yes my brother made his bad choices. But his wife is just as guilty as him. She got him the contact info he needed to become wrapped up in her lifestyle

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like a lot of women are threatened by their SIL....Hate them for the choices the brother makes?? doesn't make much sense to me!

Goobieville
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

So you dont like her because she has a dysfunctional family *which she can not control*, she wears shits with cleavage (are you a nun?) and she has kids from a previous relationship (in the US who doesnt?)

although i dont agree with her withholding information and being childish, did it occur to you that your judgment on her makes her act that way? If you were that judgmental of me, I sure as hell would not tell you anything.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Your brother made a choice as an adult to do something illegal. My SO has been out of work for a long time. I haven't always been the kindest person involving his long unemployment but he has never made the choice to do something illegal. I haven't always been the kindest person involving his long unemployment

He is the reason he is in prison. 

She may be a bitch but he is the only one that can make himself do anything.

Quoting ara-myangel:

I am disappointed in my brother. But his wife argued with him to get off his lazy ass and make money after he was unemployed from being robbed at gun point in his last job. So she was already involved with her dealings and got my brother involved
She has just as much blame as my brother

Quoting Cindy18:

OK. I don't have a sister in law. But these men are letting the women control them. The men made choices that put them in their situations. Why not be mad at the brothers?

~~CINDY

TheIrishDuckie
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Sorry for being nosey but, did you find him?

Quoting ara-myangel:

Thank you for the link!

Quoting TheIrishDuckie:

Thankfully my SIL's and I get along quite well now. Wasn't the case in the beginning but we worked through all of our crap :-) And as a previous poster said, you can find out where he's at. http://www.inmatesplus.com/

Aivlys_
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM
My sil is not as bad as yours.. but she has issues, stemming from a bad childhood.......
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

you know....it's not her fault. It is HIS for allowing that crap and if he was concerned about your family knowing where he is HE would have called your family. Prisoners DO have the right to call family and friends. She may instigate the crap but he is the main one at fault not her. 

witchybabymomma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM

nope both my BIL and SIL are great

godsgirl26
by ♥ char ♥ on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Yes, iam a hated sil. They hate me to no end. Why? Because they can't get money from him anymore. He stopped taking care of them so now they hate me because they feel i took him away from them lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)