Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gifts ideas for Teacher's for Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 18 Replies

If you give gifts to your children's teacher's for Christmas what do you usually give to them?  I am at a loss and need some ideas. 

Teacher's feel free to answer. 

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I always just make my fudge,package it nicely,and give those to my daughter's teachers/bus driver.

little.worthen
by Tess on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM

i have no idea, we havent done presents for teachers before but i really like this one so i want to get her something.

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM

That is a good idea.  Considering I make a load of cookies and fudge that would work!  Thank you for the idea!

Quoting MrsApple:

I always just make my fudge,package it nicely,and give those to my daughter's teachers/bus driver.

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I had thought about a gift card but I have given gift cards the past few years.  Maybe you could do that? 

Quoting little.worthen:

i have no idea, we havent done presents for teachers before but i really like this one so i want to get her something.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM

No ornaments and knick nacks.  TEachers I know sell them all at garage sales.  Gift cards a best.  Go in with someone and get a $25 or larger if more people. 

little.worthen
by Tess on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM

thats a great idea! thanks!

Quoting my4kids274:

I had thought about a gift card but I have given gift cards the past few years.  Maybe you could do that? 

Quoting little.worthen:

Acknowledge God - An INSPIRATIONAL blog
Join us in Classic Rock Mom's 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM

First year teacher, then give some ornaments and teachery gifts.  A little scrapbook or something written about the teacher from your child is awesome too. 

tinkerbelle18
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I have a really great cookbook called Gofts in a Jar. Its full of dry soups, seasonings, cookies, teas, coffees and even beauty products that you can layer into pretty jars and give as gifts. I love it because I can get large amounts of the ingredients and make up themed baskets for a lot of people. This year we're doing a coffee/tea basket for the teachers. I'm including two mixes, mugs and a package of scones and biscotti.

Sagely
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I'm a teacher.  Stuff I've received that I really enjoyed:

baked goods (someone mentioned fudge...I had a student who made the best fudge I've ever had in my whole entire life).

Starbucks gift card (or any gift card)

Handwritten "thank you" cards

Classroom supplies (arranged creatively)

TommyAbby
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I make bath salts and put them in a basket with flavored tea, baked goods, and a votive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)