Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Gifts ideas for Teacher's for Christmas

Posted by   + Show Post

If you give gifts to your children's teacher's for Christmas what do you usually give to them?  I am at a loss and need some ideas. 

Teacher's feel free to answer. 

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-18):
my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Thank you for the ideas!  Very much appreciated!  I think am going to go and do a gift card and some homemade fudge.  My mother's recipe that is really easy to make but is awesome! 

Quoting Sagely:

I'm a teacher.  Stuff I've received that I really enjoyed:

baked goods (someone mentioned fudge...I had a student who made the best fudge I've ever had in my whole entire life).

Starbucks gift card (or any gift card)

Handwritten "thank you" cards

Classroom supplies (arranged creatively)

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Thank you to all the ladies that posted!

2kids19yrsapart
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I am going to do a gift card for a nice place to eat.  They probably get lots of "knick-knacks" and coffee mugs, etc, and I just thought this might be something that my dd's teacher and his wife would enjoy.

MedicMommyAnne
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I usually get a gift card for a parent/ teacher store and send it in a homemade card

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Get more tips on how to buy Gifts online  like Trinket boxes are perfect to keep jewels and other trinkets. The adornments on the top of the trinket boxes vary according to the designers and clients whims and fancies. Make charming gifts to celebrate a special occasion or simply to brighten someone's day.   

JonesMama
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I usually give the teachers a $25 Panera giftcard for Christmas.

This year, ds' teacher said no gifts for her. She wrote in the weekly newsletter that she's on the board of a local charity, so if we'd like to honor her, to clean out a closet or something over break and think of that charity...either donate items ourselves or bring them in for her to take there. They take some gently used things, I guess, as well as new socks/undies and they try to give each kid a pair of new shoes every year. So I was going to buy shoes, but then decided that since I don't know what size/kind is most needed, perhaps a monetary donation might be a better choice. So I'm writing a check tomorrow for $25 to the charity, putting it in an envelope saying it's a donation in honor of our awesome 2nd grade teacher, and tucking that into the teacher's Christmas card that ds picked out, so she can drop it off. We couldn't just give her *nothing* for herself, though...so I bought her a $10 Starbucks card.

yayay15
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:43 AM
I made an ornament and gave a Tin with some candy and I am putting in movie tickets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I like this idea!

Quoting JonesMama:

I usually give the teachers a $25 Panera giftcard for Christmas.

This year, ds' teacher said no gifts for her. She wrote in the weekly newsletter that she's on the board of a local charity, so if we'd like to honor her, to clean out a closet or something over break and think of that charity...either donate items ourselves or bring them in for her to take there. They take some gently used things, I guess, as well as new socks/undies and they try to give each kid a pair of new shoes every year. So I was going to buy shoes, but then decided that since I don't know what size/kind is most needed, perhaps a monetary donation might be a better choice. So I'm writing a check tomorrow for $25 to the charity, putting it in an envelope saying it's a donation in honor of our awesome 2nd grade teacher, and tucking that into the teacher's Christmas card that ds picked out, so she can drop it off. We couldn't just give her *nothing* for herself, though...so I bought her a $10 Starbucks card.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN