Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

This guy calls up the radio station.......

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
  • 10 Replies

I was listening to this radio station yesterday morning called "Kimberly and Beck in the Morning." I live in New York State but from what my SO told me, this station is almost national.

Anywho......this guy calls up and explains how he ended up getting sick and gaining weight and his girlfriend, of 10 years, left him for another guy and moved to Pennsylvania. He said how he was going to drive to PA and shoot his girlfriend and then shoot himself.

he gets off the phone......

an hour later his step son (sounded like he was about 35) calls the station and explains to Kimberly and Beck how his step father has shot guns in his home and also confirmed that his step dad had to take certain medicine which caused him to gain alot of weight and his mom got sick of taking care of him so she left.

The son also pointed out that his step dad......is a SCHOOL BUS DRIVER!!

Callers were saying how he was only saying this because he was looking for attention and that chances are he didn't mean it.

Other callers were saying how he should be taken seriously and to not ignore what he's saying. That he's crying out for HELP, not to just get attention.

Now, at first, Kimberly and Beck were debating to call the cops. Kimberly thought, why call the cops? We might make it worse by doing that. WHAT IF HIS JOB IS THE ONLY THING KEEPING HIM SANE?

Beck said that there are KIDS involved, would YOU want your kids riding the bus knowing that the bus driver was crazy in the head and threatening to kill someone?

Finally, they announced that after the show they were going to not only call the cops but also call the step son and find out where his step dad works so they could report this to his boss.

What would YOU have done if you were in Kimberly and Beck's situation?

Do you think that Kimberly has a good point? What if that job was the only thing keeping him sane?

Would you have let it go and just think he is was crying for attention?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cothmommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt know how to react I mean on one hand you have the thought of it keeping him sane on the other hand what if he freaks while he has a bus full of kids I wouldnt let my child ride with someone like that and i would defiinitly want to know i think they did the right thing by getting ahold of the police and i also think it was right for the mom to get away!!

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I would call anybody that I thought could help 

redneckmama2
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have called the cops straight away. I definitely would not have waited for the end of the show or even the next break! I don't care if he was crying out for attention or for help he is threatening someones life!

vinalex0581
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

BUMP!

Marimaru
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have called the cops.  If the job is the only thing keeping him sane, one day he's going to have a bad day, and it won't anymore.  I'd hate for a bus full of kids to be in danger because of that.

vinalex0581
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM

BUMP!

TommyAbby
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Cops.. I would have been on the other line with the cops while he was on the radio.. OMG. any updates on that radio station or its website?? 

vinalex0581
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM

tomorrow morning at 7am kim and beck are going to speak with the step son and find out what his father is doing and where he is.

Quoting TommyAbby:

Cops.. I would have been on the other line with the cops while he was on the radio.. OMG. any updates on that radio station or its website?? 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Most definitely call the cops. If he was my child's bus driver and no one reported that, I'd be furious.
It doesn't matter if you think he wants attention or if its a cry for help -HE NEEDS HELP and since kids are involved, he has no choice but to get help IMO!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM

First off, sounds like a publicity stunt to me. IMO, it's very unprofessional to let a caller like that on the air and then debate about it instead of taking action. It's some one's job to screen the callers before the on-air personalities even talk to them.

With that said, if it's true, then a call to the cops is enough. A verbal threat about someone in your personal life is not something that your employer has any business knowing. If the man is arrested for a real crime, then his employer will find out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)