Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Please help me find the best present for my kids!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM
  • 4 Replies

We are a military family that is having some money issues. We have paid all our bills and took out what we need for food and gas. What is left for Christmas is $127. We are a family of 4. My husband and I will not be getting anything as we want it all to go to the kids.

So I need your help! I would like to get them each 1 really good gift and 1 or 2 smaller gifts related to the first one or something that is small but can still be given alone without feeling like you need more to make that gift work. My Daughter is 6, in first grade and likes most anything made for girls(barbie, littlest pet shop, my little pony, anything educational). My son is 4, in preschool and loves all boy things but does have favorites such as avengers, power rangers, toy story and cars. They both love to play xbox 360 games and DS games. Oh and we live in an area where is full of snow and very cold weather so we don't buy anything for outdoors.

Any ideas? Keep in mine our total we can spend is only $127! Thank you for your help!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gonecrazi
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM

You can a lot at Walmart with $127. Just get them stuff they are interested in. Some times you can find video games for about $20 there too. 

Ellen

leighp1
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure if this store is near you, but there is GameStop and they have used games for really cheap (I always buy them there and they have some really great deals, even buy one get one free at times).  I agree with gonecrazi, Walmart has a ton of stuff you can get. Do you see money stituation changing in the next month or so?  You could always make up little gift cards of your own and make them for each month.  Like a coupon book and they could get a gift each month of their choice.  Walmart has a lot of petshops and barbies for under $5, so you can't go wrong there.  There is a game out there called MindCraft, not sure what the ages are, but it is a HUGE hit with my daughter (they are older) and my homeschool friends' kids.  It is $20.  And thrift stores area always my friend!!

cutestmom24
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM
check out Ross if you have one in your area.they have great. deals on toys
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erei28
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Our money issues will be all taken care of by Feb. so I really like this idea! Thank you! They got MindCraft for their birthdays, they both LOVE it!

Quoting leighp1:

I am not sure if this store is near you, but there is GameStop and they have used games for really cheap (I always buy them there and they have some really great deals, even buy one get one free at times).  I agree with gonecrazi, Walmart has a ton of stuff you can get. Do you see money stituation changing in the next month or so?  You could always make up little gift cards of your own and make them for each month.  Like a coupon book and they could get a gift each month of their choice.  Walmart has a lot of petshops and barbies for under $5, so you can't go wrong there.  There is a game out there called MindCraft, not sure what the ages are, but it is a HUGE hit with my daughter (they are older) and my homeschool friends' kids.  It is $20.  And thrift stores area always my friend!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN