Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If a couple had a surrogate mother, who do you throw a baby shower for

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

the couple who's going to have the baby or the surrogate who carries the baby for 9 months?

Doesn't the surrogate deserve something?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheIrishDuckie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

A baby shower is all about getting stuff for the baby. Now if you wanna do something nifty and get some stuff for the surrogate and throw a "shower" it'd be cute but a baby shower is for baby items.

crazymommy2007
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I would do something for the surrogate after birth. But I would feel weird having a baby shower.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2kids19yrsapart
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Baby shower is for the baby and new parents.  Maybe invite the surrogate too, and maybe have something special for her, but the baby shower is not for the surrogate.

TattooedMomto4
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM

The parents who are having the baby. They are the parents, not the surrogate.

ZoeCY
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I would think the baby shower would be for the parents, but I would do something different for the surrogate because yes I definitely think that she would deserve something.  

MostlyMozartV
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Definitely the parents.

annie2244
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM

The shower is to supply the parent's to be with the stuff they need to take care of the baby.

The surrogate is doing what she is doing for her own reasons, and under whatever arrangement she made with the parents. It is for them to decide what additional recognition or gifts should go to her.

sweettigeress
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

the couple who is going to have the baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM
The parents not surrogate mother after all its the babies stuff! So surrogate won't need clothes and I don't think she deserve something special since she would have been paid to carry the baby!
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM

The couple should have the shower.A baby shower is for baby items.People can feel free to get the surrogate something special for her contribution,or offer to make her meals for after the birth.But the shower should be for the parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)