Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO NOT UNDERSTAND

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

WELL I HAD TO GO HAVE AN EKG DONE TODAY. NOW I HAVE HAD THEM DONE BEFORE SO THAT PART DID NOT WORRY ME AT ALL. BUT SOON AFTER THAT WAS DONE I THOUGHT I WAS DONE ALSO. THEN I WAS TOLD THAT THEY NEEDED TO DO ANOTHER TEST. WELL THEY DID THIS TEST THAT WAS LIKE A ULTRASOUND OF MY HEART. AND IT MADE ME UPSET BECAUSE I ASKED WHY WAS THAT BEING DONE. AND HE TOLD ME THAT MY DOCTOR ORDERED IT AND HE COULD NOT TELL ME ANYTHING AND THAT MY DOCTOR WILL LET ME NO ON MY NEXT VIST. WELL THAT'S NOT UNTIL NEXT THURSDAY AND I AM STARTING TO FREAK OUT JUST A LITTLE. HAVE ANYONE EVER HAD THAT DONE OR KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS? WHY IS IT DONE? I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE NAME OF THE TEST WAS SO THAT I CAN GOOGLE IT. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME THAT WILL BE GREAT. I AM THINKING ABOUT JUST CALLING MY DOCTORS OFFICE TOMORROW TO ASK.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gonecrazi
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

it is called an echocardiogram, they do it to check the function of your heart. I had one done back in the summer. 

Ellen

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I've had one done and unless you've had or having heart problems, I wouldn't stress too much.   It's the doctor's way of looking at your heart with an echo

crazymommy2007
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM
They probably were expecting to ekg to give them info but sometimes the echo is better anyways. Or they heard a weird blip and wanted to recheck. Could be nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iman34
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

you rockTHANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

stargaze281
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM

hi. to me that sounds odd, your doctor should inform you as to why your being tested again. he should talk to you and you do have the right to ask.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Doctor's lack of communications is shameful.  Having worked for a doctor, he should explain everything.  TO take it a little further, you should have been in on the decision making process.  As far as results of tests are concerned, we only notified people immediately if there was a problem.  We told them that if they didn't hear from us with the results, everything was normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)